Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Need help with Campy EPS

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Need help with Campy EPS

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-19, 05:20 AM
Browny187

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Need help with Campy EPS

have been riding Campy EPS v2 for about 5 years now with no issues until Thursday night race last week. Went to change down to smallest sprocket in rear cassette and the derailleur automatically went straight to the top of the cassette for and stayed there for about 5 seconds before returning to the second smallest sprocket. Quite disconcerting when pedaling hard and going fast. Continues to happen. Tried resetting with the magnetic cable but can’t seem to find the right spot. Any other ideas out there? Cheers
Old 10-26-19, 10:20 AM
pickettt

Bikes: DiamondBack Podium 7, Focus Raven 1.0, Ritchey BreakAway Cross, (2) Trek 8500, Paramount PDG 90, Trek T2000, Redline Flight Pro 24

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Browny187
have been riding Campy EPS v2 for about 5 years now with no issues until Thursday night race last week. Went to change down to smallest sprocket in rear cassette and the derailleur automatically went straight to the top of the cassette for and stayed there for about 5 seconds before returning to the second smallest sprocket. Quite disconcerting when pedaling hard and going fast. Continues to happen. Tried resetting with the magnetic cable but can’t seem to find the right spot. Any other ideas out there? Cheers
I've been on Super Record EPS for 8 years and never had that happen.....while riding. On the stand, yes. It sounds like you may have inadvertently entered one of the adjustment modes (held down the button or buttons in a particular combination.) As far as I know, the magnetic cable doesn't reset anything. Start all over with limit settings. Pay particular attention to the led colors while you're doing it. Do you have the instructions? I can link them if not.

Last edited by pickettt; 10-26-19 at 10:28 AM.
Old 10-28-19, 02:57 AM
Browny187

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pickettt
I've been on Super Record EPS for 8 years and never had that happen.....while riding. On the stand, yes. It sounds like you may have inadvertently entered one of the adjustment modes (held down the button or buttons in a particular combination.) As far as I know, the magnetic cable doesn't reset anything. Start all over with limit settings. Pay particular attention to the led colors while you're doing it. Do you have the instructions? I can link them if not.
unfortunately I have tried the zero settings and limit screw and this has not helped. Not really sure what else there is to check to be honest.
Old 10-28-19, 05:45 AM
pickettt

Bikes: DiamondBack Podium 7, Focus Raven 1.0, Ritchey BreakAway Cross, (2) Trek 8500, Paramount PDG 90, Trek T2000, Redline Flight Pro 24

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 33 Posts
A shot in the dark, I know...but is there anyone else you can swap the battery with, for test purposes?
Old 10-30-19, 03:14 AM
Fox Farm

Bikes: Merlin Extra Light, Orbea Orca, Ritchey Outback,Tomac Revolver Mountain Bike, Cannondale Crit 3.0 now used for time trials.

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 34 Posts
Why not simply email Campy and ask for help?