Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Bike Weenie

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-17, 12:51 AM
Mark42
Banned

Bikes: Nothing a Bike Weenie would ride.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bike Weenie

I refrain from wearing anything related to bike competition or racing. People do not like the tight spandex enclosed riders on their $6000 bikes. Probably because anyone who insists that you adjust your seat and handlebar to THEIR specs and forgo any accessories except a water bottle is probably what is commonly called a "Bike Weenie". Yep, that is a large population on this forum. But you bike weenies have to realize that the rest of us bicycle owning and riding people really disdain you. There. I got it out. Everyone hates you. Even in my car I hate you knowing you do what I love. YOU JUST DO IT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ****ING ROAD AND DON'T GET OUT OF THE ****ING WAY!!!! that is why everyone hates you. You have rear view, you see cars coming, they slow down to your speed, BUT YOU DON'T GET THE **** OUT OF THE WAY!!!!

Driving a modified 1999 V8 Firebird 400 hp plus You weenies piss me off. I know when a car is coming and I get my ass out of the way. The ****ing Firebird can be heard half a mile away. You guys have pissed me off so much I have accelerated past you, rand 200 yards ahead, and then stopped and smoked the tires to the point you a holes had to stop and were coughing from the smoke. Serves you butt holes right for being road hogs. Live and learn. A holes.

So, just saying you weenies need to rethink your attitude. Or you keep getting crapola like that.

Mark.
Old 10-06-17, 02:01 AM
Fastfingaz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 13 Posts
Well,,,!!!!

Last edited by Fastfingaz; 10-06-17 at 02:08 AM.
Old 10-06-17, 03:27 AM
coffeesnob

Bikes: Trek DS 8.3 - cannondale M500

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 2634 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 82 Posts
tell us how you really feel.
Old 10-06-17, 03:35 AM
texaspandj

Bikes: '85, '86 , '87 , '88 , '89 Centurion Dave Scott Ironman.

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Quoted: 1605 Post(s)
Liked 583 Times in 380 Posts
Angry much?
Old 10-06-17, 05:11 AM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3674 Post(s)
Liked 5,432 Times in 2,759 Posts
Fail try harder next time....
Old 10-06-17, 05:26 AM
jj1091
Mike J

Bikes: 1975 Peugeot PX-50L, 1971 Peugeot PX-10, 1974 Peugeot PX-8

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Aren't you that guy who likes to get in fist-fights on the bike path?
Old 10-06-17, 05:27 AM
Juan Foote
LBKA (formerly punkncat)

Bikes: Spec Roubaix SL4, GT Traffic 1.0

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 2208 Post(s)
Liked 960 Times in 686 Posts
Read as:

A group of cyclists inconvenienced me and cost me 10 seconds of driving slow behind them waiting to pass unsafely as another car/truck was coming. Those 10 seconds were so valuable to me that I decided to stop for another 30 seconds as I acted like a small child throwing a temper tantrum, damaged city streets, wasted rubber on my tires, and messed up the environment. I hope you darn cyclists learned a lesson from that immature display.
Old 10-06-17, 05:31 AM
dvdslw

Bikes: Santa Cruz Stigmata

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 20 Posts
While I wouldn't take it to quite the extreme as Fastfingaz did above, I've found myself frustrated out on the road behind a wide pack of riders several times. Look, I wear "spandex" and ride a moderately priced road bike but I'm the type of rider to hear a vehicle approaching from the rear and get over as far as I safely can to allow them to pass and if in a group I'll announce "car back" to alert the riders around me if nobody else announces it. I understand when there's a large group that it takes some time for them to get in line to make room for traffic but when there's no attempt made at all it just shows a complete lack of courtesy and it can be frustrating. The worst is when its just two riders who seemingly ride side by side for miles just to prove a point.

I work with a few guys who are in their mid 40's who have probably not been on a bike since they were children and I often hear them complaining about being behind a group of riders who were hogging up the road. I always come to the cyclist's defense but they argue that if a bicycle is going to be on the road that they should be required to take a class to learn the rules of the road, follow all traffic laws, and pay for a bicycle registration. I don't completely disagree with them. At the end of the day, its the cyclist that gives the cyclist a bad rep out on the road, most ride two or three wide and hardly ever pay attention to traffic control devices like stop signs or red lights.
Old 10-06-17, 05:56 AM
texaspandj

Bikes: '85, '86 , '87 , '88 , '89 Centurion Dave Scott Ironman.

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Quoted: 1605 Post(s)
Liked 583 Times in 380 Posts
In all honesty, it happened to me. A cyclist had taken a lane on a two lane one way. The right lane he took was actually more a 1 and a 1/2 lane. I was behind him at the stop light and I assumed once we crossed he would scoot over and let the cars go through when it was safe to do so, because that's what I would do. NOPE. Stayed in the middle of the street. Finally I was able to go around, after everyone behind me passed me. But for some reason it ticked me off. I had to question my behavior and emotions @canklecat . Was it because he was kitted? Was it because he had a 4000.00 bike? Was it cause I was in a pickup? Was it cause he acted like he didn't care? Eventually I resigned myself to the fact that I'm a cyclist I get he has a right to take the lane and maybe there was debris on the side I couldn't see, luckily for him I was the one behind him so he didn't get hurt.
A year or so later I saw the video of RJ the bike guy upset about something similar and he's RJ the bike guy! Made me feel better.
Old 10-06-17, 06:12 AM
seypat

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 3241 Post(s)
Liked 2,512 Times in 1,510 Posts
Originally Posted by Mark42
I refrain from wearing anything related to bike competition or racing. People do not like the tight spandex enclosed riders on their $6000 bikes. Probably because anyone who insists that you adjust your seat and handlebar to THEIR specs and forgo any accessories except a water bottle is probably what is commonly called a "Bike Weenie". Yep, that is a large population on this forum. But you bike weenies have to realize that the rest of us bicycle owning and riding people really disdain you. There. I got it out. Everyone hates you. Even in my car I hate you knowing you do what I love. YOU JUST DO IT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ****ING ROAD AND DON'T GET OUT OF THE ****ING WAY!!!! that is why everyone hates you. You have rear view, you see cars coming, they slow down to your speed, BUT YOU DON'T GET THE **** OUT OF THE WAY!!!!

Driving a modified 1999 V8 Firebird 400 hp plus You weenies piss me off. I know when a car is coming and I get my ass out of the way. The ****ing Firebird can be heard half a mile away. You guys have pissed me off so much I have accelerated past you, rand 200 yards ahead, and then stopped and smoked the tires to the point you a holes had to stop and were coughing from the smoke. Serves you butt holes right for being road hogs. Live and learn. A holes.

So, just saying you weenies need to rethink your attitude. Or you keep getting crapola like that.

Mark.
Coal roller, just Smokey and the Bandit style!
Old 10-06-17, 06:43 AM
mcours2006

Bikes: ...a few.

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 2012 Post(s)
Liked 409 Times in 235 Posts
I think OP secretly wants to be like us spandex-wearing, $6000-bike-owning, middle-of-the-lane-riding, stop-sign-running bike weenies. Heck, I wanna be like us too...as soon as I get a $6000 bike.
Old 10-06-17, 07:01 AM
Juan Foote
LBKA (formerly punkncat)

Originally Posted by mcours2006
I think OP secretly wants to be like us spandex-wearing, $6000-bike-owning, middle-of-the-lane-riding, stop-sign-running bike weenies. Heck, I wanna be like us too...as soon as I get a $6000 bike.

Biggest issue I see is that when you walk out of the store with a 6K bike, it becomes a 3K bike. So in order to meet this classification, do we really need to be buying 12K bikes to adjust to deprec?

Can our spandex count as part of the budget?
Old 10-06-17, 07:13 AM
BobbyG

Bikes: 2015 Charge Plug, 2007 Dahon Boardwalk, 1997 Nishiki Blazer, 1984 Nishiki International, 2006 Felt F65, 1989 Dahon Getaway V

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked 1,677 Times in 827 Posts
"The ****ing Firebird can be heard half a mile away. You guys have pissed me off so much I have accelerated past you, rand 200 yards ahead, and then stopped and smoked the tires to the point you a holes had to stop and were coughing from the smoke. Serves you butt holes right for being road hogs. Live and learn. A holes."

Buddy you're a boy make a big noise
Playin' in the street gonna be a big man some day
You got mud on yo' face
You big disgrace
Kickin' your can all over the place
Singin'

We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you

Buddy you're a young man hard man
Shoutin' in the street gonna take on the world some day
You got blood on yo' face
You big disgrace
Wavin' your banner all over the place

We will we will rock you
(Sing it!)
We will we will rock you

Buddy you're an old man poor man
Pleadin' with your eyes gonna make you some peace some day
You got mud on your face
Big disgrace
Somebody better put you back into your place

We will we will rock you
(Sing it!)
We will we will rock you

(Everybody)

We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you

(Alright)
Old 10-06-17, 07:16 AM
Scarbo
Erik the Inveigler

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1310 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Hmmmm . . . . you don't own any bump stocks, do you?
Old 10-06-17, 07:17 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 10964 Post(s)
Liked 7,490 Times in 4,189 Posts
Old 10-06-17, 07:31 AM
AlmostTrick
Tortoise Wins by a Hare!

Bikes: Wabi Special FG, Raleigh Roper, Nashbar AL-1, Miyata One Hundred, '70 Schwinn Lemonator and More!!

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1549 Post(s)
Liked 941 Times in 504 Posts
This'll end well.

Nice job on the song, Bobby!
Old 10-06-17, 07:31 AM
bikecrate

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 623 Post(s)
Liked 397 Times in 226 Posts
Apparently a "1999 V8 Firebird 400 hp" is the new "drope the hamer at 400 watts".
Old 10-06-17, 07:32 AM
Juan Foote
LBKA (formerly punkncat)

Originally Posted by mstateglfr

Lol

"like"
Old 10-06-17, 07:34 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Quoted: 18415 Post(s)
Liked 15,546 Times in 7,329 Posts
O.k. I'll play....I wouldn't be caught dead on a $6K road bike. Too low brow for me.
Old 10-06-17, 07:34 AM
AlmostTrick
Tortoise Wins by a Hare!

Bikes: Wabi Special FG, Raleigh Roper, Nashbar AL-1, Miyata One Hundred, '70 Schwinn Lemonator and More!!

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1549 Post(s)
Liked 941 Times in 504 Posts
Old 10-06-17, 07:40 AM
Scarbo
Erik the Inveigler

Quoted: 1310 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr

Just call me, Abner Snopes.
Old 10-06-17, 07:51 AM
Esthetic

Bikes: 2019 Felt FR2 Etap Disc*2017 Wilier Cento10Air Ramato Etap*2020 Trek Domane SL6**2018 Trek ProCaliber 8

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 10 Posts
'Driving a modified 1999 V8 Firebird'

Get that chicken off the road. I'd be pissed about that plastic interior too.
Old 10-06-17, 07:58 AM
ksryder

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1281 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by Mark42
Driving a modified 1999 V8 Firebird 400 hp
BTW your child support payment is past due.
Old 10-06-17, 08:00 AM
rgconner

Bikes: Curtis Inglis Road, 80's Sekai touring fixie

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 472 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Try the decaff.
Old 10-06-17, 08:16 AM
WNCGoater

Bikes: Diamondback Century 3. Marin Four Corners

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by dvdslw
While I wouldn't take it to quite the extreme as Fastfingaz did above, I've found myself frustrated out on the road behind a wide pack of riders several times. Look, I wear "spandex" and ride a moderately priced road bike but I'm the type of rider to hear a vehicle approaching from the rear and get over as far as I safely can to allow them to pass and if in a group I'll announce "car back" to alert the riders around me if nobody else announces it. I understand when there's a large group that it takes some time for them to get in line to make room for traffic but when there's no attempt made at all it just shows a complete lack of courtesy and it can be frustrating. The worst is when its just two riders who seemingly ride side by side for miles just to prove a point.

I work with a few guys who are in their mid 40's who have probably not been on a bike since they were children and I often hear them complaining about being behind a group of riders who were hogging up the road. I always come to the cyclist's defense but they argue that if a bicycle is going to be on the road that they should be required to take a class to learn the rules of the road, follow all traffic laws, and pay for a bicycle registration. I don't completely disagree with them. At the end of the day, its the cyclist that gives the cyclist a bad rep out on the road, most ride two or three wide and hardly ever pay attention to traffic control devices like stop signs or red lights.
I was with you up to the point I highlighted in BOLD above. All of the cyclists I know, already take a class. The same one all motorists take. It's called Drivers Ed. Yet I watch motorists EVERY SINGLE DAY fail to follow traffic laws. Who doesn't know a stop sign means to STOP? Who doesn't know speed limit signs mean the maximum allowable limit? Right. Yet everyday I see this violated by motorists. So across the board, we have a population that pretty much ignores traffic laws as far as they feel they can get away with it.
Requiring cyclists to take a class would do what exactly?
And then there is the "they should pay for registration or a license" crowd. I hear this argument a lot. Again, what would this accomplish other than adding another tax to our already over taxed lives? Cyclists already pay the same taxes as all the other citizens. It isn't like you're somehow getting a free ride by riding a bike. It will not remove cyclists from the roads. The motorists will still hate the cyclists. They will still cause some delay for all who are in a hell-fired hurry to pick up a greasy fast food biscuit or Starbucks. There will still be cyclists that act like an a$$ and pi$$ people off. And impatient motorists hating just the same.

Yes, cyclists are a nuisance to motorists. They are a nuisance to me when I'm driving but I happily tolerate them because I am one. But it really irritates me when they insist on riding side by side or take the lane when there is no reason to do so.

I know the end result of bad behavior by cyclists will eventually affect me as a cyclist.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.