Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Looking for non-Brompton longer seat post

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-22, 05:06 AM
KoalaHudz

Bikes: Raleigh Stowaway

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi, I wondered if anyone can help me to find a longer seat post than the one my bike came with as standard.

The specs on mine, which came with the Raleigh Stowaway, is that it's 30.6mm x 500mm but to get the comfy height I have to extend it past it's minimum insert marker.

I'm 5'11.5" with long legs. I'm finding it hard to locate a longer one with the right diameter. Any ideas?

I'm in the UK but I order everything online so happy to shop around. Thanks!
Old 09-02-22, 03:47 PM
willydstyle

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked 54 Times in 33 Posts
That's a really uncommon diameter. You could maybe look for something a bit smaller and shim it, but that doesn't feel ideal for a folding bike. Have you tried contacting Raleigh customer support?
Old 09-02-22, 03:59 PM
Binky

Bikes: Too, too many....

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked 130 Times in 57 Posts
Ok....

I just checked my selection of junk and find that I have long seat posts that go from 27.2mm up to 31.6mm..... but nothing that is exactly 30.6.

I would have to ask: does your saddle attach to the seat post with any sort of fancy hardware or is it the type that simply clamps onto a reduced diameter at the top ?

If your 30.6mm post is hollow, and If the saddle just clamps on, why not LENGTHEN your seat post by cutting off the necked portion and inserting a slightly smaller diameter post inside it ?

Shove or press it in past the insertion mark on the inner post and Weld them together.

A 27.2mm post would fit INSIDE your post and extend its length.

Just a thought.