Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Polygon Siskiu D7

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Polygon Siskiu D7

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-20, 02:20 AM
XC Down Under

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Polygon Siskiu D7

I'm looking to get my son (age 13) a duallie and I'd appreciate some input. He's 172cm tall, and growing fast! (huh, go figure. I should stop feeding the lad)

He's been riding a 2005 Stumpjumper for a few years now. He's a very capable rider, mainly XC, but lately wanting to expand his repertoire to trail riding and jumping - table tops, drop-offs and the like. I've been concerned the Stumpy isn't really up for the job, and it is in need of a serious overhaul. Like any kid he wants to do it all, including the ride back up the hill. My criteria would be based on the following:

* circa 14kg
* 29er (open to your thoughts on a 27.5)
* 130mm - 140mm travel (any more and weight likely to impact ability to get back up the hills!)
* Dropper
* Components mid range. He'll need to swap these out as they wear so not essential to have top notch
* Budget I hear you ask? I could go up or down based on the right bike, but would prefer to keep it in the AU$2.5k mark

My pick, but open to your thoughts

* Polygon Siskiu D7 (love the look of this bike, and the bang you get for your buck!)
* Giant Trance (I know a guy who can help out with a reasonable deal)
* Norco Fluid
* Merida 140
Old 08-26-20, 10:15 PM
Darth Lefty 
Disco Infiltrator

Bikes: Stormchaser, Paramount, Tilt, Samba tandem

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3126 Post(s)
Liked 2,105 Times in 1,369 Posts
You should post this in the family and kids subforum on MTBR