Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
Reload this Page >

Cycling shorts for big guys?

Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Cycling shorts for big guys?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-20, 03:05 PM
late

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12190 Post(s)
Liked 1,495 Times in 1,107 Posts
Boure does custom, and they're expensive, but I really like their stuff.

This is what I've been using lately, on the bike they fall just below the knee, they have pockets and just plain work:

https://www.aerotechdesigns.com/aetedemecoca.html
Old 10-11-20, 04:32 PM
Bikejock200M

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Kucharik

+1 on Kucharik, I have a few pieces of there wool gear. Great clothes!

Jw
Old 10-14-20, 02:04 PM
jfoobar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by late
Boure does custom, and they're expensive, but I really like their stuff.

This is what I've been using lately, on the bike they fall just below the knee, they have pockets and just plain work:

https://www.aerotechdesigns.com/aetedemecoca.html
I recently picked up a pair of these also and have ridden in them three times now I think. I wear a PI "SELECT" liner short underneath and find the combination to be quite comfortable. The last ride was on a slightly chilly day and went out in these plus a t-shirt and my upper body was fairly cold by the end of the ride (finished after dark when the temps had dropped into the 50s) but my legs were still quite comfortable. Having knickers that go below your knees rather than shorts does seem to make a pretty big difference. However, I am still a little self-conscious about wearing knickers though.
Old 10-14-20, 02:28 PM
late

Originally Posted by jfoobar

I recently picked up a pair of these also and have ridden in them three times now I think. I wear a PI "SELECT" liner short underneath and find the combination to be quite comfortable. The last ride was on a slightly chilly day and went out in these plus a t-shirt and my upper body was fairly cold by the end of the ride (finished after dark when the temps had dropped into the 50s) but my legs were still quite comfortable. Having knickers that go below your knees rather than shorts does seem to make a pretty big difference. However, I am still a little self-conscious about wearing knickers though.
Weird, I also have a PI cycling underwear that I wear with them. I am looking for something with a softer fabric.

Real knickers come halfway down your calves. Which isn't a knock, I'm not certain what they ought to be called.

It's getting to that time of year where you need fleece or something a bit warm and full length.
Old 10-15-20, 06:56 AM
jfoobar

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by late
It's getting to that time of year where you need fleece or something a bit warm and full length.
Oh, no doubt, but throwing on knickers (your caveat about length noted) and a long sleeve shirt or windbreaker is a nice solution for cool weather where a short sleeve shirt and shorts would be uncomfortable. For actual cold weather, yeah, time to dig out the fleece.
Old 10-15-20, 07:04 AM
late

Originally Posted by jfoobar

Oh, no doubt, but throwing on knickers (your caveat about length noted) and a long sleeve shirt or windbreaker is a nice solution for cool weather where a short sleeve shirt and shorts would be uncomfortable. For actual cold weather, yeah, time to dig out the fleece.
I had Boure make me some custom knicker bibs. It has their 'winter' fabric that's more of a Fall fabric for me. I had them make them longer, so they almost come to my ankles. The lower half of my back has the winter fabric, which is real nice. Boure has really nice bib straps, wide, soft and stretchy. It has their ultra suede chamois, that works like a traditional chamois. It has no padding, so if your saddle isn't a really good fit, the elite pad might be a better choice.

They're great.
Old 10-15-20, 07:24 AM
Robalero

Bikes: Electra Townee 7D, TREK Domane 4, Checkpoint ALR 5, Marin Gestalt

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 778 Times in 185 Posts
I ordered and received these this week CEROTIPOLAR, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1. They are a little pricey but man are they comfortable, they look amazing especially on a big guy, they fit high on my waist, they are high quality, and right now there is a 50 percent discount coupon, you have to read critically but you will find it and be able to get it at half price. Sadly only one coupon per order, but hey, I made several separate orders in order to get the coupon discounts