Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Bottecchia 1950s / 1960s identification

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-20, 11:41 AM
Matador6

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts

Looking for some experienced advice, here. I'm trying to get a better handle on Bottecchia frames from the 1950's and early 1960's and dating them. What models available in the 50's/early 60's? Can anyone point me toward any online sources for serial numbers, period catalogs, etc? Any advice on dating headbadges, differences in models, lug design, anything that might help date Bottecchia frames of this period would be very much appreciated. Most of the threads I've been able to find on Bottecchia's have been about later models from the 70's and 80's. Again, any advice would be appreciated. thank you.
Old 09-22-20, 11:52 AM
juvela

Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3811 Post(s)
Liked 3,336 Times in 2,176 Posts
-----

when searching remember to include the name Carnielli and/or Teodoro Carnielli

there is plenty of history available online concerning Ottavio Bottecchia himself if interested

-----