Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Anyone Else Waiting For A Niagara Cycle Order?

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Anyone Else Waiting For A Niagara Cycle Order?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-17, 10:39 AM
Kevindale

Bikes: 1980 Koga-Miyata Gentsluxe-S, 1998 Eddy Merckx Corsa 01, 1983 Tommasini Racing, 2012 Gulf Western CAAD10, 1980 Univega Gran Premio

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 600 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by dweenk
I have had good luck with Ribble. Royal Mail shipping is very reasonable, and any delay is usually due to Customs on this end.
I've done three Ribble orders in the last 6 months, the latest a few days ago. Great prices and so far surprisingly fast shipping. I was leery the first time, but it's not much slower than Amazon.
Old 04-22-17, 11:12 AM
Abe_Froman

Bikes: Marin Four Corners, 1960's Schwinn Racer in middle of restoration, mid 70s Motobecane Grand Touring, various other heaps.

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 9347 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Wileyone
I used to order from Niagara. But they took 2 Weeks minimum to deliver. I now order from the UK. The prices are cheaper and the shipping is free.

I live 120 Miles from from Niagara Cycle.
I ordred a set of GP4000s tires from ribble....$30 a piece and $5 shipping from the UK. Couldnt believe it lol.
Old 04-22-17, 09:59 PM
Bikedued

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked 107 Times in 60 Posts
The thing is that they expanded their inventory so much, that they no longer stock a lot of the things they sell. They order them in, which can take up to a week, then they ship them to you. Why they can't drop ship is beyond me. I got into it with them about this, and will never order from them again because of it. Their attitude was that they pretty much don't care how long their process takes.,,,,BD

Of course I have pretty much been out of the bike thing for several months now. Back into cars and guitars again...
Old 04-25-17, 06:36 PM
scale

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
I love Niagara. Shipping is aways prompt......3 - 4 days and i live in the midwest. They are always responsive in my inquireies.

I had to email them a couple weeks back because my order was about a week late. I emailed them to see if there was a problem. They stated that my shipment got lost in the post and they shipped out a replacement that day. Sure enough.....3 days later it was here. Great prices too.

I have yet to have a bad experience from them and will continue to order from them.
Old 05-31-17, 05:54 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Quoted: 18374 Post(s)
Liked 4,509 Times in 3,351 Posts
Hmmm...

I placed an order from Niagara Thursday, May 25. I know, perhaps not the best day of the year to place an order.

7 days later, May 31, and still awaiting fulfillment (and it wasn't free shipping either )

E-mail earlier today, and no response yet.

I see the note about warehouses.... but their webpage also lists "current stock" which one would assume means stock on hand... I suppose not.

I both order stuff a little ahead of when I need it, as well as really hoping to get something quickly.

I'm in a bit of a bind now, but I suppose I can wait another week... then I'll be scrambling for alternatives.

Next time E-Bay. Most sellers hit pretty close to their shipping estimate (only the Chinese are quite unpredictable, usually with delays in the hop between leaving China and showing up in the USA).

==============================================
Hmmm...
Looks like the order shipped today (e-mail & status update this evening)

7 days of sitting waiting.
3 day shipping... maybe...
And it should be here after the weekend... maybe...

If only they had shipped it last Thursday or Friday, then it would have been here today, and already on the bike before my next 3 or 4 century rides.

Oh, I see this is in the "Classic & Vintage" subforum. Is the idea to wait until the parts become classic& vintage?

Last edited by CliffordK; 05-31-17 at 08:03 PM.
Old 05-31-17, 09:35 PM
plonz 

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 656 Post(s)
Liked 469 Times in 302 Posts
^I've never had a problem with Niagara but I know not to order anything I have to have in the next 10 days. Nashbar is no better these days. My Jenson order just showed up in a week. Color me impressed!
Old 06-01-17, 08:41 AM
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 511 Post(s)
Quoted: 7348 Post(s)
Liked 2,465 Times in 1,433 Posts
Yeah, Jenson has served me very well recently. Another good vendor is biketiresdirect.com. They're good for more than just tires. I got some Castelli clothes on sale. Even at sale prices, it's expensive stuff, but I noticed it's really good stuff, so it's money well spent.

“When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments.” — Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.
Old 06-01-17, 09:16 AM
Kobe 

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked 339 Times in 179 Posts
My last order with Niagara was through Amazon and it only took 8 days to receive. Could Amazon be pressuring them to fulfill their orders quicker?
Old 08-30-17, 07:15 AM
El Gato27

Bikes: '88 Peugot 12 spd road bike, Nishiki hybrid, JC Penney 10 spd

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I thought I was special until I found this thread. Placed a $150+ order to take advantage of the free shipping. After 11 days I decided to check the status of my order, it was "awaiting fulfillment", sent an email asking for info, they apologized but couldn't say when my order would be shipped. Canceled my order. All items were "in stock" when I placed the order. Will check Amazon and other vendors and go buy some Amazon stock.
Old 08-30-17, 09:22 AM
sanmi

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Niagara always takes forever to ship. I order from them about once a year to restock bulk consumables, but would never count on them to deliver anything in less than 3 weeks. Usually I would rather spend a little more to get my goods faster from almost any other seller, including international sellers.
Old 08-30-17, 09:44 AM
Crashola

Bikes: Old Raleigh Super Course Marin Pine Mountain Surly LHT

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just ordered a bottom bracket from Niagara yesterday via Amazon. Estimated delivery date is Sept. 7-12. We will see if they can pull it off.
Old 08-30-17, 06:19 PM
Stormsedge

Bikes: 2017 Trek Domane SL6 Disc, 1990 Schwinn Crosscut Frankenroadbike, 2015 KHS Team 29 FS, 2000 Gary Fisher Tassajara--gone but not forgotten

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked 49 Times in 30 Posts
I order direct from them from time to time. The only waits I have had was when I neglected to consider whether they had it on hand or not---this is noted on their website for each item, with an expected lead time for whatever it is when they source it. Those estimates have been spot on (providing I considered them). Do the listings on Amazon indicate the lead times or if they have it on hand?
Old 08-30-17, 07:14 PM
wrk101
Thrifty Bill

Bikes: 86 Katakura Silk, 87 Prologue X2, 88 Cimarron LE, 1975 Sekai 4000 Professional, 73 Paramount, plus more

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Quoted: 1236 Post(s)
Liked 964 Times in 628 Posts
I used to buy a lot of consumables from Niagara. No more. I buy them from one of the local co-ops. I just pay what they pay, its usually less than Niagara, sometimes a lot less.

I also buy from Ribble and other UK sellers. Shipping is fast, minimum order to get free shipping is low, prices are always good.
Old 06-08-18, 02:01 PM
Lazyass

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quoted: 2432 Post(s)
Liked 638 Times in 395 Posts
I can no longer recommend them. On June 1 I ordered some stuff with "product availability" of 2-3 days. A week later the order is still awaiting fulfillment.
Old 06-08-18, 06:05 PM
OldsCOOL

Bikes: '77 Colnago Super, '76 Fuji The Finest, '88 Cannondale Criterium, '86 Trek 760, '87 Miyata 712

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 659 Post(s)
Liked 595 Times in 313 Posts
Originally Posted by Lazyass
I can no longer recommend them. On June 1 I ordered some stuff with "product availability" of 2-3 days. A week later the order is still awaiting fulfillment.
that’s a pain in the rumpus. Sorry to hear that.

I rarely use them anymore. Two things must happen for me to use them:

1. It must be the dead of winter
2. The product must be a ridiculously good deal
Old 06-09-18, 08:14 AM
WGB 
WGB

Bikes: Panasonic PT-4500

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 1800 Post(s)
Liked 2,334 Times in 1,378 Posts
I have a bizarre Niagara Cycle story.

A few weeks ago I ordered some tires for local pick up. Email came saying order ready. I drove over and only the retail manager was there and he was busy. He looked for my order then discovered it had been sent out with UPS. It was sitting at the local UPS Customer Center. I had two choices go there or wait until it was returned by UPS.

I went and UPS searched and found it.

The package shipping label only showed my name, with no address. Niagara Cycle shouldn't have shipped it and UPS shouldn't have taken it.

My take is that the business is overun with orders and that they either need more temp staff in the spring or they have expanded fully and need more staff