Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Rode a bike to pick up a BIKE (moto content)

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-19, 06:00 PM
jetboy 

Bikes: centurion cinelli equipe, look hinault 753, Zunow z-1, 83 stumpy sport

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 814 Post(s)
Liked 331 Times in 186 Posts

A little off topic but I did use a C&V bicycle to get the beast (French bike to get an Italian moto): and at the cusp of 20 years old shes nearly vintage herself and definitely classic: 2000 Moto Guzzi V11 Sport

I had this same bike, but a 2003 model now 8 years ago I sold it, but I had just bought a house and it needed a new roof: so for the family and all that I sold her on to a kid that was heading out on tour (my old bike had a full pannier package). Recently I was thinking to get some of my old moto projects back on the road, and in the meantime, find something that was not a project to just get back on the road. its been 5 years or so!

well, here is the beast: and wow, what a beast- pretty stoked to have one back
New One(top) vs Old one (you get it)

Likes For jetboy:
Old 08-12-19, 06:03 PM
curbtender

Bikes: Miyata 618 GT, Marinoni, Kestral 200 2002 Trek 5200, KHS Flite, Koga Miyata, Schwinn Spitfire 5, Mondia Special, Univega Alpina, Miyata team Ti, Santa Cruz Highball

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 1609 Post(s)
Liked 2,590 Times in 1,224 Posts
Nice gravel bike...
Likes For curbtender:
Old 08-12-19, 06:10 PM
cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: https://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Quoted: 2422 Post(s)
Liked 4,395 Times in 2,092 Posts
Honestly thought I'd see a French bicycle being ghostridden in this thread.

-Kurt

Last edited by cudak888; 08-12-19 at 06:51 PM.
Old 08-12-19, 06:14 PM
jetboy 

Originally Posted by curbtender
Nice gravel bike...
hehe. its the worst gravel bike ever. I rode my old one up to oregon and its 8 miles to my family homestead off the highway, 6 of it gravel. I used to destroy that road on my old hondas.

this beast- its so friggin heavy... i was poking along like a grandma
Old 08-12-19, 06:19 PM
tricky 

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked 444 Times in 298 Posts
Awesome. Being a gearhead and a cyclist, I appreciate this.
@jetboy have you ridden other motos besides Moto Guzzis? They look really cool, but I don't know much about them or how they compare to other makes.
Old 08-12-19, 06:28 PM
jetboy 

Originally Posted by tricky
Awesome. Being a gearhead and a cyclist, I appreciate this.
@jetboy have you ridden other motos besides Moto Guzzis? They look really cool, but I don't know much about them or how they compare to other makes.
I started riding motos when I was 12- and now I am 45. I think i may have had 20+ motorcycles in that time. It is very similar to bicycles- what floats one boat does not the other, and what you are looking for makes a huge difference.

I have done the gambit, and for me I like an easily serviced twin engine with a lot of torque and not worried about going 160mph. I also like bmw for this- I loved my r75. that said, I also loved my yamaha fz600 which is exactly none of what i just said. what a great bike! I'd still have that yamaha but a utility truck ran a red light and I ended up creased into its passenger door - and the bike was totaled.

hmmm. maybe i need to find another fz600.

again, that said: moto guzzi is my favorite bike. I really want a nice eldorado or ambo with a side car. my dream.
Old 08-12-19, 06:51 PM
tricky 

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked 444 Times in 298 Posts
Originally Posted by jetboy
I started riding motos when I was 12- and now I am 45. I think i may have had 20+ motorcycles in that time. It is very similar to bicycles- what floats one boat does not the other, and what you are looking for makes a huge difference.

I have done the gambit, and for me I like an easily serviced twin engine with a lot of torque and not worried about going 160mph. I also like bmw for this- I loved my r75. that said, I also loved my yamaha fz600 which is exactly none of what i just said. what a great bike! I'd still have that yamaha but a utility truck ran a red light and I ended up creased into its passenger door - and the bike was totaled.

hmmm. maybe i need to find another fz600.

again, that said: moto guzzi is my favorite bike. I really want a nice eldorado or ambo with a side car. my dream.
I just got into motorcycles about 2 years ago and man, is it just as much of a rabbit hole as bicycles. My cube mate at work has a vintage Eldorado. It looks great. A BMW airhead is definitely high on my list of bikes I would like to own. I have a DR650 for PacNW gravel road and double track exploring but I would love a light nimble city bike like a vintage Honda CB. I also have an unfulfilled desire from when I was an early teen to own a Vespa. Yes, it's a lot like bicycles. If I had the space it would definitely be an N+1 situation!
Old 08-12-19, 07:04 PM
CriticalThought

Bikes: Santana Sovereign Tandem, Five Rings Carbon, Lemond Alpe d'Huez, Miele Latina, Hercules Tourist, Mercian Super Tourist Tandem, Birdy BD-1, Duell Solo, Jack Taylor Marathon Tandem, Raleigh RSW-16, DL-1, and Superbe

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked 240 Times in 60 Posts
Guzzis Galore

I'm a big Guzzi fan and have owned them for years... here are a couple of (admittedly not great) photos... my 1976 Moto Guzzi Le Mans Mk1 ... my 1997 Moto Guzzi 1100 Sport(i) at the track ... and a 2001 Moto Guzzi V11 Sport that I picked up as a parts bike but have ended up riding around since someone put a red faux ostrich skin seat on, red head covers, and a motocross handle bar... it's a bit of a riot!

C&V content... I actually rode a moto to pick up my 1950s Hercules Tourist 3-speed! I slung it over my shoulder and motorcycled home with it like that (in the middle of the night, after buying it on impulse in an un-rideable state). It was only a mile or so from where I lived. Uncomfortable but effective. grin

1976 Moto Guzzi Lemans Mk1 Full fairing and lots of trick vintage race bits

1997 Moto Guzzi Sport (Injected) at either Laguna Seca or maybe Sears Point

2001 Moto Guzzi V11 Sport "parts bike"

PS Now that I live in a place where it snows... I am tempted to turn my parts bike into something like this (it wouldn't take much!):

Last edited by CriticalThought; 08-12-19 at 07:09 PM.
Likes For CriticalThought: