Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Introduction from N. Central Ohio

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-19, 06:14 AM
marymck

Bikes: Viscount, Volae recumbent

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 8 Posts

Hello from a Buckeye. We reside in a small rural farming community in Ohio, about an hour due north of Columbus. During high school, in the 1970's I worked in a neighboring town's Schwinn shop and was fortunate to attend a week long Schwinn school where I learned to set up new bikes, service and repair used bikes. I remember working on those dreaded 3 speed hubs and replacing those tiny broken springs and pawls, yuk. During that time-frame I participated in local rides with the bike club and a few century rides as well. In those days I rode a British Viscount framed franken-bike that I had equipped with mostly campy components and sew up tires. After HS and college, marriage came, two kids and the bike passion faded quickly being replaced with parental duties.

Now we are retired and occasionally we ride our more comfortable Volae recumbents on the rural chip sealed roads (yuk). When time permits we also load up our bikes and ride the local bike rails to trail through the rural Ohio countryside.

Our daughter recently purchased a beautiful brick church, built in 1881, with hopes of converting it into a home. The church was owned by a gentleman who was a bicycle enthusiast with over 100 bikes and related "stuff". The only caveat to buying the building is she had to purchase it "lock, stock and barrel, with all contents, including the bikes. Seeing all the bikes has sure brought back a lot of memories of my high school days in the bike shop. So now we are tasked with helping her clean the building out. Its fun going through all the bike stuff.

I joined this forum seeking advice on how to help her efficiently reduce the building's bicycle related contents. But being back with a group of bicycle aficionados will certainly be equally as fun and help rekindle my passion of riding and hopefully encourage me to get back in the saddle again.
Old 09-14-19, 07:03 AM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3085 Post(s)
Liked 6,566 Times in 3,764 Posts
Welcome to Bike Forums. I currently have a Viscount with sew ups in my small stable of bikes.

Viscount on 3rd Street by cb400bill, on Flickr
Old 09-14-19, 05:05 PM
marymck

Bikes: Viscount, Volae recumbent

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 8 Posts
Thanks for the welcome to the forum Bill.