Notices
Track Cycling: Velodrome Racing and Training Area Looking to enter into the realm of track racing? Want to share your experiences and tactics for riding on a velodrome? The Track Cycling forums is for you! Come in and discuss training/racing, equipment, and current track cycling events.

USA Track Nationals 2021

Old 09-15-20, 09:25 PM
700wheel

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
USA Track Nationals 2021

Just released by USA Cycling:
  • Elite, Junior, and Para Track Nationals will head to Carson, CA at the Dignity Sports Park VELO Center, July 1-7.
  • Collegiate Track Nationals will be held at the Major Taylor Velodrome in Indianapolis, Ind., home of Marian University, September 9-11.
  • Masters Track Nationals will round out track Nationals with a return to Valley Preferred Cycling Center in Breinigsville, Pa. on September 14-19.
Old 09-16-20, 08:07 AM
Morelock

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked 50 Times in 37 Posts
Fingers crossed
Old 09-16-20, 10:10 AM
Dfarlow
Flintstone In Training

Bikes: 2021 Fuji Track Elite; 2015 Cipollini RB800; 2014 Specialized S-Works SL4 Ltd; 2013 Firefly Ti

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Masters Track Nationals seems kinda late, maybe 3-4 weeks prior to Worlds in LA (going on past history, dates still pending I believe)? Have they ever been scheduled so close together?
Old 09-16-20, 10:57 AM
topflightpro

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 1851 Post(s)
Liked 675 Times in 427 Posts
My understanding is that USAC decided to keep 2021's schedule close to the re-scheduled dates of 2020 as a bit of a hedge against the COVID continuing into next year. Hopefully, the virus will be in check and a vaccine available early enough in the year that these national championships can still happen.

Also, September in T-Town will be fantastic.
Likes For topflightpro:
Old 09-16-20, 08:07 PM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked 179 Times in 101 Posts
I didn't think having a schedule would make a difference for me but it has. I'm already looking forward to Sept of next year.
"...during the Lance years, being fit became the No. 1 thing. Totally the only thing. It’s a big part of what we do, but fitness is not the only thing. There’s skills, there’s tactics … there’s all kinds of stuff..." Tim Johnson
Old 09-21-20, 12:58 PM
rickbuddy_72

Location: Michigan, on the lake, 60 miles WNW of Chicago as the crow flies, or 90 miles if the crow walks.

Bikes: Dolan DF4, BH Ultralight, 1974 Schwinn Paramount Track, Trek Alpha 1000, Trek 730, Miyata 930 affixed to a Brian Wind Trainer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
I'm 66 and battling late-stage prostate cancer. That makes me very vulnerable to COVID. I'm happy that it is later so there is a better chance at having a vaccine. I don't think the cancer will get me by then. It is growing fast. I hope we can find tumors for targeted radiation treatment. I've been through that the last two winters, and it does fatigue me a bit, so if it is later I'll have a better chance to recover. If we can't find the tumors then I have to undergo hormone deprivation. At that time I'll continue to train, but more as a lab rat studying the effects of zero testosterone on a trained male athlete.