Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Panasonic DX-2000

Old 09-08-20, 02:46 PM
Binky

Bikes: Too, too many....

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked 130 Times in 57 Posts
Panasonic DX-2000

I thought my wife was finished with dragging home every low-end stray in the neighbourhood but last night she surprised me by going out and getting this black beauty.

Probably did not get used much: it still has the original Panasonic saddle and Panasonic tires.

Shimano 600 RD but the FD and levers are golden arrow.

Likes For Binky:
Old 09-10-20, 03:38 PM
ramzilla

Bikes: Vintage Japanese Bicycles, Tange, Ishiwata, Kuwahara

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 700 Post(s)
Liked 322 Times in 252 Posts
Beautiful. Looks all original. It's got very fancy head lugs. Nice welded cable stops. Good size for a 6' tall big boy. The only thing that's missing is the front reflector. Good candidate for a complete rebuild with all new parts. Or, you could probably lube it up and flip it "as is" for way more than you paid for it. Be good. Have fun.
Old 09-11-20, 06:30 AM
ramzilla

Bikes: Vintage Japanese Bicycles, Tange, Ishiwata, Kuwahara

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 700 Post(s)
Liked 322 Times in 252 Posts
With 6 speed it's spaced at 126mm. You could easily spread that to 130mm and put a 700c wheel in there with a freehub. Upgrade to a 7, 8 or, 9 speed STI set up. Or, just leave it as is and have fun with it. I would definitely put new tubes & tires on it. I don't trust any tires that are over 20 years old. Especially if you got big downhill runs on your rides.
Old 10-10-20, 08:18 AM
Cycle Tourist

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked 207 Times in 126 Posts
What a lucky guy to have a wife that brings home bikes. I'm envious. Lube all bearings, advertise it as such, make sure it's safe and operational and ask $300. If your patient you'll get it.
Likes For Cycle Tourist: