Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Giant Excursion Touring Bikes - Need Advice

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-20, 07:22 PM
itsmeken

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Giant Excursion Touring Bikes

I have two Giant Excursion touring bikes I am interested in selling. My wife and I used them for two tours, one down the coast of California and the other the coast of Washington and San Juan Islands. That was over 20 years ago. We then purchased a tandem for touring together. They are both in excellent condition and are complete and fully functional. Haven't been ridden for 20+ years. They have been stored indoors their entire life. Again, excellent condition and would be sold as pictured. I have more photos if needed to make a price recommendation. I'm curious what the forum's thoughts are on a fair price. As you can see they have pannier racks front and rear. Fenders as well. Has a unique built-in wired front light with a generator that is engaged with a lever on the seat tube. As well a frame mounted lock that locks the rear wheel. Deore LX components.

Any recommendations for a fair price would be greatly appreciated.

**** I attempted to post two photos of each bike and was denied as I don't have 10 posts or more. If there is a way to post them or send them to you if interested let me know. ****

Last edited by itsmeken; 09-11-20 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Errored on the name of the manufacturer...it's actually a Giant
Old 09-11-20, 08:39 PM
itsmeken

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Giant Excursion Touring Bikes

NOTE: I posted previously and mistakenly referred to them as Fuji when they are actually Giant Excursions. Tired to edit the tread title and was unable so I am reposting for accuracy.

I have two Giant Excursion touring bikes I am interested in selling. My wife and I used them for two tours, one down the coast of California and the other the coast of Washington and San Juan Islands. That was over 20 years ago. We then purchased a tandem for touring together. They are both in excellent condition and are complete and fully functional. Haven't been ridden for 20+ years. They have been stored indoors their entire life. Again, excellent condition and would be sold as pictured. I have more photos if needed to make a price recommendation. I'm curious what the forum's thoughts are on a fair price. As you can see they have pannier racks front and rear. Fenders as well. Has a unique built-in wired front light with a generator that is engaged with a lever on the seat tube. As well a frame mounted lock that locks the rear wheel. Deore LX components.

Any recommendations for a fair price would be greatly appreciated.

**** I attempted to post two photos of each bike and was denied as I don't have 10 posts or more. If there is a way to post them or send them to you if interested let me know. ****
Old 09-12-20, 09:03 AM
Davet
Licensed Bike Geek

Bikes: Look 585, Kirk Terraplane, Serotta Ottrott, Spectrum Super Custom, Hampsten Carbon Leger Tournesol

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 69 Times in 48 Posts
PrIvate message me so we can exchange e-mail addresses. You can send me your pics and I’ll post them here for you.
Old 09-12-20, 10:01 AM
itsmeken

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Davet
PrIvate message me so we can exchange e-mail addresses. You can send me your pics and I’ll post them here for you.
Thank you Davet for the offer! Very kind of you. I attempted to send you a PM and I am also restricted to a minimum of 10 posts. I'll post some more to get over the 10 minimum. Then I'll post some photos. Thanks again!
Old 09-12-20, 11:26 AM
fietsbob
Banned

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 7607 Post(s)
Liked 1,355 Times in 862 Posts
https://touringbikes.net/giant-excursion-touring-bike/
Old 09-12-20, 12:06 PM
thumpism 
Bikes are okay, I guess.

Bikes: Waterford Paramount Touring, Giant CFM-2, Raleigh Sports 3-speeds in M23 & L23, Schwinn Cimarron oddball build, Marin Palisades Trail dropbar conversion, Nishiki Cresta GT

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 2647 Post(s)
Liked 2,446 Times in 1,557 Posts
Post your location!!! Post the frame sizes of the bikes. Anyone who knows the bike and wants one needs to know those two vital bits of information.
Old 09-12-20, 12:09 PM
thumpism 
Bikes are okay, I guess.

Bikes: Waterford Paramount Touring, Giant CFM-2, Raleigh Sports 3-speeds in M23 & L23, Schwinn Cimarron oddball build, Marin Palisades Trail dropbar conversion, Nishiki Cresta GT

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 2647 Post(s)
Liked 2,446 Times in 1,557 Posts
Duplicate thread. He's already posted them as Giants in two other places. We still don't know the location or the sizes of the bikes. Just sayin'.
Old 09-12-20, 04:14 PM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 3455 Post(s)
Liked 1,454 Times in 1,133 Posts
Originally Posted by thumpism
Duplicate thread. ....
Thanks, and the OP did not clarify if it is a Giant or Fuji.
Old 09-13-20, 05:49 PM
itsmeken

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by thumpism
Duplicate thread. He's already posted them as Giants in two other places. We still don't know the location or the sizes of the bikes. Just sayin'.
1. Bikes are located in SoCal and are 21" and 23".
2. I re-posted in this forum because I mistakenly had the title of the post indicating Fuji when they are actually Giant. Edit did not allow me to change Fuji and I had no way to delete the post.
3. I replied to a post about an Excursion and answered a question a poster had about them.
Old 09-13-20, 06:04 PM
itsmeken

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I'm now cleared for posting photos! :-)

21" Giant Excursion

23" Giant Excursion

Lock for rear tire.

Generator with lever engagement on seat tube.

Front and rear lights powered by the generator with internal frame and fender wiring.

Fenders front and rear.
Old 09-13-20, 06:04 PM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3085 Post(s)
Liked 6,568 Times in 3,766 Posts
Merged duplicate threads.

Old 09-14-20, 08:48 AM
Twang -O- Doom

Bikes: Cadex CFM-1

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Just wanted to say, those are some sweet bikes.

I'd love to see more trekking style bikes in the US.. but as that model only lasted a year or two in the early 90's I doubt that will happen nowadays.
Likes For Twang -O- Doom: