Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Your Weekend Ride Reports -- November 16/17

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-19, 03:31 AM
Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts

Tell us all about your cycling and other sports this weekend!!
Old 11-16-19, 04:28 AM
N00b_Cyclist
Destroyer of Worlds

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR "Molten Marble"

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked 73 Times in 42 Posts
Well, I didn't really ride...just up to the top of a hill to get some pics...but I did run a 5k with my daughter for the end of her run club. So that was fun.
Likes For N00b_Cyclist:
Old 11-16-19, 06:47 AM
Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
We didn't ride either. Instead we hosted/organised/supported a 200 km randonnee. And we got a bit of walking in.
Likes For Machka:
Old 11-16-19, 05:25 PM
TheDudeIsHere

Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked 276 Times in 161 Posts
8.5 mile climb, 2,497 ft of gain. Cut the ride shot thinking I might be getting sick seeing this was only half my planned climb and I really struggled today for some reason.

Headed back after 8 miles then realized my front tire was soft. I guess that might explain why it was so tough today compared to past few weeks on the same road.

Likes For TheDudeIsHere:
Old 11-16-19, 06:37 PM
Lrdchaos

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 13 Posts
A few buddies and I knocked out a 30 mile loop with a few hundred feet of climbing. The wind was pretty strong at 18mph and the temp was 55. It’s always great when it’s a nice day during the winter and I can keep the legs spinning.
Likes For Lrdchaos:
Old 11-17-19, 10:45 AM
500lbman

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac SL7 S-Works, BMC Roadmachine 01 Four, Specialized Diverge Sport, Specialized Stumpjumper Comp Alloy, SE Bikes Fast Ripper

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 6 Posts
Did 44 miles yesterday

Fairly new to road cycling. Did my longest ride so far (44.1 miles) yesterday. Gonna do 30 miles today.

Find me on Strava: Todd Campbell
Likes For 500lbman:
Old 11-17-19, 06:18 PM
woodcraft

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1814 Post(s)
Liked 923 Times in 569 Posts
Starting to get back the rhythm after some months of a semi-slump.

Yesterday was the opening of bike path across one of the main bridges on the SF bay. Contested for years, with many poo-pooing the idea of dedicating a lane to the few cyclists.

Huge turn-out with at least 500 on my end & as many or more from the other direction. A historic moment.

Went on to Treasure island- 1/2 way across another bridge.

68 miles, 1,800'

Likes For woodcraft:
Old 11-17-19, 07:43 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Quoted: 2323 Post(s)
Liked 4,988 Times in 1,776 Posts
Only got out Sunday this weekend. Fast ride Friday though. Today was another test of the newly built Giordana XL Super. Another great 25 year old road bike. Only did 27 miles today but the final tweak on the saddle seemed to work. Last ride I was sliding forward a bit when kicking up the speed on it. Today no issues. I think it's all sorted out now. Just in time for winter, LOL!

This is the latest picture, she's 17 lbs 14 ozs as pictured. Pretty respectable for old steel without compromising anything.

This is my 8th Billato built bike, superbly done as usual. Hard to tell it's 25ish years old and was built up and ridden before I got it.

Old 11-18-19, 01:45 AM
TheDudeIsHere

Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked 276 Times in 161 Posts
31 miles at 15.5 average speed today. I was actually happy with that and better than expected.

According to the forecast, 55 mph gusts today. Maybe 40, enough to make my wheels feel like they were going to come out from underneath me but hey, I enjoy riding in the wind and had pushing hard to hold a whopping 14 mph into the headwinds.
Likes For TheDudeIsHere:
Old 11-18-19, 03:05 AM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Quoted: 4559 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
Spent the weekend getting ready to ride a solo century on my birthday this week. I did one in September but missed October. From the weather report, looks like I'll need to do it either Tuesday, the day before, or next weekend. Weather forecast calls for 3-4 days of chilly rain.

31 miles Saturday, 55 miles Sunday, moderate pace, checking to see what pace I can sustain for 100 miles without a long rest break.

I'm not setting a deadline for the solo century, just planning to start whenever I feel like it and finish before midnight the same day. I'm not a morning person so a noon start seems reasonable and Tuesday should be in the high 60s or low 70s. Tomorrow I'll semi-plan a route. Probably some familiar routes and few that I haven't ridden in awhile.
Likes For canklecat:
Old 11-18-19, 08:08 PM
jbchybridrider 

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked 390 Times in 149 Posts
Late for the party. Just did a usual ride from the city then along the coast. Was a perfect day only interrupted by one idiot who swerved his car in front of me into the opposite lane of traffic to try stop me doing a legal pass.

Some pics

Likes For jbchybridrider: