Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
Reload this Page >

First ride on the Computrainer tonight!

Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-13, 10:35 PM
iconicflux
Fredly

Bikes: Surly Long Haul Trucker w/ SRAM Rival, & 36H 38's, Late 70's Santana Tandem w/ Double Diamond frame

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Tonight I had my first ride on the Computrainer and it's AWESOME. It is, however, like everyone said it was... MUCH harder than riding outdoors. Between my having not ridden in a month or so (darn winter weather) and the constant wattage my legs are totally blown and I feel like I'm walking on Jelly.

I may start documenting my progress with the CT and charting it online if anyone is interested.
Old 01-12-13, 11:11 PM
paisan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I highly recommend this software https://perfprostudio.com/Studio.aspx
It does everything you can possibly want. Not only does it have the database and analyzer features but the studio portion Can convert your gps rides to erg files, it can sync your gopro video to a ride file and also syncs the suffer fest videos. It also has the ability to use any ant+ sensors so you don't need to run all of the computrainer wires making it easier to get yor bike in/ out of the stand. I've been using it for a year and a half and perfpro software is heads and shoulders over the standard software and even the rm1 suite. The only other thing I would recommend is checking out the erg videos. They really do make indoor training enjoyable.