Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Sad time at Boulder Bicycle

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Old 07-10-20, 06:35 PM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked 358 Times in 241 Posts

Just received an email from Boulder Bicycle, sad news from their operation. (If this duplicates any earlier post, please delete, and apologies to all.)

"BoulderBicycle.bike

Please Stay Safe

Sad News at Boulder Bicycle

It is with great sadness that I report the unexpected passing of James Martin over the July 4th Weekend. He was the backbone of Boulder Bicycle for many years and a dear friend who will be greatly missed.

Bicycles were just one of his passions. His knowledge of music, pro audio, photography, and politics was awe inspiring. To honor his memory, I'd like to suggest actions that promote equality, health, and justice for everyone.

I'm not sure how the passing of James will impact Boulder Bicycle. As many know, Boulder Bicycle's future was already a bit uncertain as I've been considering scaling things back and/or retirement. As working for Boulder Bicycle provided James with a rather "safe" environment to work in the age of Covid, the most recent plan was to keep the business going for at least awhile.

For the very immediate future, the best guess is Boulder Bicycle will continue on a Monday and Thursday shipping schedule (but no orders will ship on Thursday July 23rd). But plans moving forward are really in flux and subject to change as big decisions are being made.

Please stay safe out there!"

I have enjoyed purchasing from BB since getting addicted to C&V cycling, really hope that things can work out eventually. Prayers for James Martin's family and friends, and for the BB crew.

Bill

I Can Do All Things Through Him, Who Gives Me Strength. Philippians 4:13

Old 07-10-20, 07:01 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Quoted: 4493 Post(s)
Liked 6,297 Times in 3,632 Posts
I got that too, sounds like their teetering just got even more precarious, too bad, great guys, deals and resource.

Godspeed Mr. Martin, RIP
Old 07-10-20, 07:15 PM
3alarmer 
Friendship is Magic

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 304 Post(s)
Quoted: 26243 Post(s)
Liked 10,227 Times in 7,097 Posts
...bummer. Those guys really helped me out a couple of times.
Old 07-10-20, 07:57 PM
The Golden Boy 
Extraordinary Magnitude

Bikes: 1978 Trek TX700; 1978/79 Trek 736; 1984 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport; 1984 Schwinn Voyageur SP; 1985 Trek 620; 1985 Trek 720; 1986 Trek 400 Elance; 1987 Schwinn High Sierra; 1990 Miyata 1000LT

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Quoted: 2597 Post(s)
Liked 1,677 Times in 926 Posts
I've picked up some cool stuff from them.

Best wishes to James' family and friends- and hope their business works out the way they want it to.

Commence to jigglin’ huh?!?!

"But hey, always love to hear from opinionated amateurs." -says some guy to Mr. Marshall.
Old 07-10-20, 09:01 PM
Miele Man

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1324 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 640 Posts
That's so sad on the passing of that fellow. It's also sad to think that Boulder Bicycles may fold. I got a set of medium reach Campagnolo Triomphe brake caliper arms complete with the bolt for mounting them to the frame. The price for those was very reasonable and shipping was quick.

I send my condolences and best wishes for a better future.

Cheers