Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fatbikes
Reload this Page >

Clipless pedal for Wolfgar

Search
Notices
Fatbikes Designed for use in sand, mud or snow, Fat bikes are the right choice for true all-terrain riding. Check here for the latest on these fun, adventurous two-wheeled machines.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-19, 03:22 PM
revcp 

Bikes: 2017 Salsa Carbon Mukluk frame built with XT, 2018 Kona Rove NRB build with Sram Apex 1,2008 Salsa El Mariachi, 1986 Centurion Ironman

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 65 Posts

Got a great deal on a pair of nearly new Wolfgars. I'm thinking of going with Crank Brothers pedals. Wanting to keep it simplw and inexpensive, I'm looking at the eggbeater 1 or 2, the Candy C or Smarty. Any experience with the boots and any of those pedals? With the cleats pretty deeply recessed, would the Candy or Smarty have issues clipping in?
Old 12-02-19, 07:29 AM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked 1,013 Times in 519 Posts
I have Wölvhammer boots and really like Crank Bros Mallet E - I started with Eggbeaters and they are OK (& I use Eggbeaters on my summer bikes), but I find the fit is not great with boots. I'd warn against the Eggbeater 1, they will not last very long in winter conditions. The Mallet has adjustable pins to help fit your boots, plus you can add a spacer under the cleat (plastic plates come with the cleats when you buy new pedals).
Old 12-03-19, 01:10 PM
revcp 

Bikes: 2017 Salsa Carbon Mukluk frame built with XT, 2018 Kona Rove NRB build with Sram Apex 1,2008 Salsa El Mariachi, 1986 Centurion Ironman

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Hypno Toad
I have Wölvhammer boots and really like Crank Bros Mallet E - I started with Eggbeaters and they are OK (& I use Eggbeaters on my summer bikes), but I find the fit is not great with boots. I'd warn against the Eggbeater 1, they will not last very long in winter conditions. The Mallet has adjustable pins to help fit your boots, plus you can add a spacer under the cleat (plastic plates come with the cleats when you buy new pedals).
Thanks, hypno. I picked up a set of nearly new Egg 3s with an additional set of cleats and spacers. Looking forward to testing them out.