Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Superteam Carbon wheels via amazon

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-21, 09:38 PM
bampilot06

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10237 Post(s)
Liked 5,184 Times in 2,225 Posts

Has any one here ordered superteam carbon wheels or any other part on amazon through the vendor sunrise bikes? My wife ordered me a set back in November for Christmas. When the order was first placed it was scheduled to arrive 12 through the 30 of December, it has changed twice and the last time it changed it showed January 12.

My concern is, it has showed at UPS that only a tracking label was created on 11/25 for the last three weeks. There has not been any other activity.
I reached out to the seller, and their response was “ our delivery company told me that this item has already arrived in your local UPS. Due to the the holidays, it will be delivered on the 12 of January. I will continue to track it with out delivery company, if I have any update news I will let you know immediately.”.

Is this common when you order wheels from China, or has anyone else had this happen? Thanks.
Old 01-05-21, 07:19 AM
rubiksoval

Bikes: bikes

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 2622 Post(s)
Liked 1,429 Times in 711 Posts
I ordered a pair of wheels Nov 11 from China and they were shipped Dec. 6th and scheduled to arrive around Dec. 15th. I had zero tracking information until Dec. 28th after the original shipping info, but then they arrived the next day.

Shipping is a horrendous mess from China (everywhere?). Seems to be nothing that can be done about any of it. It seems like my wheels sat in NYC for a good three weeks before moving.
Old 01-05-21, 07:52 AM
ls01
he said member

Bikes: yes please

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 2789 Post(s)
Liked 1,951 Times in 1,207 Posts
Its kinda common. Sometimes it works the other way too, although less common. I've had tracking lag far behind the actual item too. Usps is complete and utter poo, atm due to covid and the holidays. I had a purchase recently sit in Indiana for 3 weeks...never moved.
Take a deep breath, think of something else....
Old 01-05-21, 08:32 AM
Ferrouscious 
Some Weirdo

Bikes: '86 Schwinn Prelude, '91 Scott Sawtooth, '73 Raleigh "Grand 3"

Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 92 Posts
As a shop mechanic, I strongly dislike working on Superteam wheels. Very hard to true and spokes are way too short. As actual wheels, I have no opinion. They might be stiff, light, etc. Be aware if you bring them in for service, it might take longer than usual.
Likes For Ferrouscious:
Old 01-05-21, 09:17 AM
vespasianus

Bikes: Turner 5-Spot Burner converted; IBIS Ripley, Specialized Crave, Tommasini Sintesi, Cinelli Superstar, Tommasini X-Fire Gravel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 406 Post(s)
Liked 389 Times in 219 Posts
I order stuff from Amazon because of their return policy. But I have had stuff shipped from China that were delivered long after the "return period" expired. But my things have been cheap shirts. Are you guys SOL if you can't return the wheels?
Old 01-05-21, 10:39 AM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
I reached out to the seller, and their response was “ our delivery company told me that this item has already arrived in your local UPS. Due to the the holidays, it will be delivered on the 12 of January. I will continue to track it with out delivery company, if I have any update news I will let you know immediately.”
I think they're full of ****, but I'd call UPS to confirm. We've gotten a lot of deliveries through FedEx and UPS since Nov and only one has been unduly delayed (one sat at my distribution center for two business days before it got on the delivery truck, but this backlog was accurately reflected in estimated delivery date from the get-go).
Old 01-05-21, 11:40 AM
ericcox
Trying to keep up

Bikes: Pinarello Prince, Orbea Onix, Ridley Fenix

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 79 Posts
This summer I had the opposite experience - I ordered a set, and received an initial delivery date of about 6 weeks. Emailed the company about details and was told it would be much faster - I got them 7-8 days after I ordered; delivery was a surprise as I got an email from China Post saying I had a delivery, and sure enough, there they were.

That said, my wife just ordered me a set of wheels from Europe, and they've been delayed at least 3 weeks.
Old 01-05-21, 11:56 AM
bampilot06

Originally Posted by rubiksoval
I ordered a pair of wheels Nov 11 from China and they were shipped Dec. 6th and scheduled to arrive around Dec. 15th. I had zero tracking information until Dec. 28th after the original shipping info, but then they arrived the next day.

Shipping is a horrendous mess from China (everywhere?). Seems to be nothing that can be done about any of it. It seems like my wheels sat in NYC for a good three weeks before moving.

Kind of sounds like that might be happening here. I’ll sit on it to the 12 and if nothing happens i’ll cancel the order.

Now that wife rides she might respect the idea of moving up to light bicycle wheels.

Whyfi, I reached out to ups they don’t have the package, I guess it’s on a sailboat somewhere in the South China Sea.
Old 01-05-21, 11:59 AM
bampilot06

Originally Posted by Ferrouscious
As a shop mechanic, I strongly dislike working on Superteam wheels. Very hard to true and spokes are way too short. As actual wheels, I have no opinion. They might be stiff, light, etc. Be aware if you bring them in for service, it might take longer than usual.

Got them for the price point, and the reviews on here were pretty positive. A local rider has a set and has put 20k something on them. Hasn’t had an issues at all. If they don’t work out, then I won’t buy them again.
Old 01-05-21, 12:25 PM
rubiksoval

Bikes: bikes

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 2622 Post(s)
Liked 1,429 Times in 711 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
I think they're full of ****, but I'd call UPS to confirm. We've gotten a lot of deliveries through FedEx and UPS since Nov and only one has been unduly delayed (one sat at my distribution center for two business days before it got on the delivery truck, but this backlog was accurately reflected in estimated delivery date from the get-go).
I've also had FedEx deliveries much faster.

My wheels came EMS and then USPS, though, so I assumed it was more of a USPS issue.

Coincidentally, just found my dad ordered wheels from the same company three weeks after mine and his are coming UPS this week, so about two weeks less shipping time. We'll see if they actually get here on the expected date.
Old 01-05-21, 12:36 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by rubiksoval
I've also had FedEx deliveries much faster.

My wheels came EMS and then USPS, though, so I assumed it was more of a USPS issue.

Coincidentally, just found my dad ordered wheels from the same company three weeks after mine and his are coming UPS this week, so about two weeks less shipping time. We'll see if they actually get here on the expected date.
Yeah, we've seen some USPS delays - we still haven't received Christmas cards from my mother in law in VA - but no delays from UPS or FedEx. Then again, I just ordered some hot sauce from Brooklyn; it was shipped via USPS yesterday and it looks like it'll be delivered tomorrow, a couple days earlier than expected, so maybe it's just the regular mail service that's getting hammered.
Old 01-05-21, 12:39 PM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 853 Post(s)
Liked 1,437 Times in 819 Posts
I have had a couple of issues with Fedex. Right now I am waiting on a Shimano comp. Campy freehub for Zonda wheels. I have had my Fedex tracking number for over 3 weeks, but I cannot get any more info other than the label was produced on 12/9. It is coming from CRC in England, whom I have contacted and they state they are looking into it. I did have a Royal Post tracking number, but the package is no longer in their system.

I had a delivery from Funkier that was the same thing for a few of weeks. The package finally showed up almost a month late. I never was able to get shipping info through the tracking number. At least it showed up. I guess for my freehub, I can only hope that CRC is able to track it down, which I doubt. Or that, like the other package, it just shows up one day.
Old 01-05-21, 04:19 PM
msu2001la

Quoted: 1461 Post(s)
Liked 1,485 Times in 870 Posts
This doesn't help you much, but I bought a set in April 2020 and got them in 4-5 days. I suspect delays due to holiday shipping are still working their way through the system.

As for the wheels themselves, they were $329 and have been solid, no issues, no concerns. True right out of the box. Light, fast, etc. The rear hub is super loud. Not really a complaint, just a heads up. In the future, I would probably opt to spend a little more money to get something nicer with name-brand hubs (like options from LB that can be laced to a DT Swiss hub, for example), but in the scheme of bike-related purchases, this was a pretty good one.
Old 01-05-21, 05:56 PM
bampilot06

Originally Posted by delbiker1
I have had a couple of issues with Fedex. Right now I am waiting on a Shimano comp. Campy freehub for Zonda wheels. I have had my Fedex tracking number for over 3 weeks, but I cannot get any more info other than the label was produced on 12/9. It is coming from CRC in England, whom I have contacted and they state they are looking into it. I did have a Royal Post tracking number, but the package is no longer in their system.

I had a delivery from Funkier that was the same thing for a few of weeks. The package finally showed up almost a month late. I never was able to get shipping info through the tracking number. At least it showed up. I guess for my freehub, I can only hope that CRC is able to track it down, which I doubt. Or that, like the other package, it just shows up one day.

Like this?
Old 01-05-21, 07:48 PM
vfrjo

Bikes: '98 Schwinn Super Sport; '13 Jamis Icon Pro

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mrs. Vfr ordered same same like yours. Probably around the same date. She received tracking info (on dec 30)saying they would be delivered Jan 21. The wheels were delivered the next day. Hopefully yours are right around the corner.

I like them. Only had a chance to ride once since they were dropped off, but overall first impression is that they are a solid product.
Old 01-05-21, 08:02 PM
mcours2006

Bikes: ...a few.

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 2012 Post(s)
Liked 409 Times in 235 Posts
Just another data point, but my order came as expected back in May of last year. Tracking was more or less accurate, and the wheels arrived on schedule.
Old 01-08-21, 07:43 PM
aadhils
Bike Junkie

Bikes: 2013 Orange Brompton M3L; 2006 Milwaukee Bicycle Co. Fixie (Eddy Orange); 2022 Surly Cross Check, Black

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 1 Post
I ordered a Wheelset from Sunrise bikes. As soon as I received the box, I noticed that the hub was poking through the box. The wheels had absolutely no packaging. Just dumped, unrestrained into the box and damaged in places. The accessories box was open with some of items such as the carbon brake pads missing. I managed to return them without much trouble and used another seller (Queen Bike). This set came packaged as expected. I guess Sunrise bikes is a hit or miss judging from the Amazon reviews. Hope you receive your package without any issues!
Old 01-08-21, 08:02 PM
bampilot06

Originally Posted by aadhils
I ordered a Wheelset from Sunrise bikes. As soon as I received the box, I noticed that the hub was poking through the box. The wheels had absolutely no packaging. Just dumped, unrestrained into the box and damaged in places. The accessories box was open with some of items such as the carbon brake pads missing. I managed to return them without much trouble and used another seller (Queen Bike). This set came packaged as expected. I guess Sunrise bikes is a hit or miss judging from the Amazon reviews. Hope you receive your package without any issues!

Fantastic. I had not heard this before. I did hear that if you had a problem they were pretty quick about sending a new wheel no questions asked. I’ll find out tuesday if they show up.
Old 01-09-21, 09:23 AM
ericcox
Trying to keep up

Bikes: Pinarello Prince, Orbea Onix, Ridley Fenix

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 79 Posts
Originally Posted by aadhils
I went back and checked - mine was through Queen Bike. I honestly assumed they were all the same entity.
Old 01-09-21, 12:51 PM
phrantic09
Fat n slow

Bikes: Cervelo R3, Giant Revolt

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3259 Post(s)
Liked 2,085 Times in 979 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
Yeah, we've seen some USPS delays - we still haven't received Christmas cards from my mother in law in VA - but no delays from UPS or FedEx. Then again, I just ordered some hot sauce from Brooklyn; it was shipped via USPS yesterday and it looks like it'll be delivered tomorrow, a couple days earlier than expected, so maybe it's just the regular mail service that's getting hammered.
I haven’t from mine in CT and they were mailed the week before Christmas
Old 01-11-21, 11:35 AM
msu2001la

Quoted: 1461 Post(s)
Liked 1,485 Times in 870 Posts
On the topic of packaging, my Superteam wheels (Sunrise Bike via Amazon) were really well packaged when they arrived. They were in a proper wheel box and both wheels were wrapped up in plastic/foam to protect them. Everything looked professional.

They arrived true, smooth hubs, and I've never had to do anything to them.
Old 01-11-21, 11:51 AM
bampilot06

Originally Posted by msu2001la
On the topic of packaging, my Superteam wheels (Sunrise Bike via Amazon) were really well packaged when they arrived. They were in a proper wheel box and both wheels were wrapped up in plastic/foam to protect them. Everything looked professional.

according to ups I will find out tomorrow. I hope packed as well as yours was.
Old 01-12-21, 10:05 AM
jad3675

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by msu2001la

I ordered a Sunrise set in 2019 from Amazon. They were fine for a year and 5K miles - then over the summer of 2020 I broke a spoke at the nipple on the NDS side. While dealing with that I noticed that the bearings in the free hub were shot. Easy enough to replace, just was expecting more than 5K out of a set of bearings.

John
Old 01-17-21, 08:35 PM
bampilot06

Likes For bampilot06:
Old 01-17-21, 10:11 PM
Mazatleco17

Bikes: Specialized Allez Elite, Specialized Sirrus Sport

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
First impressions?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.