Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Recommend me a front pannier rack for wifey's bike

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Recommend me a front pannier rack for wifey's bike

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-20, 04:40 AM
rifraf

Bikes: Surly Ogre, Extrawheel Trailer

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 30 Posts
Hard to go wrong with Tubus and Ortlieb.

I went with Classic Rollers and stainless Nova/Cosmo racks.

Enjoy the Tara
Old 03-30-20, 09:10 AM
KC8QVO

Bikes: Surly Disk Trucker, 2014 w/Brooks Flyer Special saddle, Tubus racks - Duo front/Logo Evo rear, 2019 Dahon Mariner D8, Both bikes share Ortlieb Packer Plus series panniers, Garmin Edge 1000

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked 115 Times in 99 Posts
Originally Posted by Toadmeister
Update: fit up the Tubus Tera today with no problems. Ordered some Ortieb packs for it.
That sounds like a good set up. Get some pictures when you get it all together.

I went with Tubus racks and Ortleib panniers also. I had the Ortleib panniers on the radar since before I got my bike, but just put off the investment as they are quite expensive. My intent was to make my own custom racks. However, I decided last summer to go ahead and get some manufactured ones to save a lot of time and work.

The panniers I got are the Packer Plus series. I really like them. They work well on both bikes/racks with their easy adjusting latches and hooks.