Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

1" threadless carbon fork

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-20, 06:20 PM
jamest112

Bikes: Litespeed Classic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hiiiii, I am new to this forum, I recently build my first bike (Litespeed Classic). but now I want to look into a new fork already Specifically 1" carbon & threadless. Can i get some RECOMMENDATION??

Beside Ritchey, Kenesis, ec90,

thank you kindly
Old 06-09-20, 06:42 PM
Litespud

Bikes: 2000 Litespeed Vortex Chorus 10, 1995 DeBernardi Cromor S/S

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 645 Post(s)
Liked 797 Times in 446 Posts
Originally Posted by jamest112
Hiiiii, I am new to this forum, I recently build my first bike (Litespeed Classic). but now I want to look into a new fork already Specifically 1" carbon & threadless. Can i get some RECOMMENDATION??

Beside Ritchey, Kenesis, ec90,

thank you kindly
the perfect fork for your Classic IMO is a Reynolds Ouzo Pro Full carbon with a 43mm rake. IIRC that’s the fork that high end Litespeeds were spec’d with back in the day. The lower end frames were spec’d with a Litespeed-labeled Look Carbon with an Al steerer. I found an NOS uncut Ouzo Pro on eBay a couple of years ago for $130. You might also look for an Ouzo Comp (Al steerer). That’s where I would start to look - otherwise some of the online suppliers - CRC, Totalcycling, Wiggle etc and see what they have. However, I think you’re going have some difficulty finding a full carbon with a 1” steerer - there are Al-steerer forks out there. If you go full carbon, bear in mind that there’s a limit to how high you can stack a stem with a carbon steerer, and this is even more important for a 1” steerer. Someone might chime in with some rule of thumb, but personally I wouldn’t put more than 20mm of spacers on a 1” carbon steerer

Last edited by Litespud; 06-09-20 at 06:57 PM.
Old 06-09-20, 07:01 PM
mprince
Dont fix whats not broken

Bikes: Steelman Stage Race, Dura-Ace 9s

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked 166 Times in 93 Posts
Here's a Columbus model, 45mm rake though.
​​​https://www.universalcycles.com/shop...5&category=633