Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals.
Reload this Page >

BIANCHI: Need help pricing and identifying 80's (?)

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-20, 04:16 PM
nljone09

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I have a bike I’m preparing to sell. I have little knowledge of what it is. We bought it in 1999 and just road it intermittently. It’s been dated by others from the early 80’s to the early 90’s. The condition is good, it has scratches and such from being hauled around.

Trying to come up with a better description and a reasonable price to list it at on CL or EBay. As a new member forum won’t let me list pictures here. There should be some in the gallery under my user name. We have unwrapped the handlebars and put the brake levers in their original position. We are missing one of the leathers on one brake lever.

My best description:
Celeste Green
Frame 57/57/4 cm
Dropouts stamped Gipiemme on each side
Ofmega CX crankset
NR derailleurs
Modolo Speedy brakeset
Top of forks are horizontal and have stamped ribs and Bianchi on each side
At top where seat post goes in is stamped M-M 1940
Has the following decals:
- Front Decal - Bianchi
- Made in Italy
- Columbus, Tretubi, Tubi Speciali Rinforzati
- 4 Blue Bianchi decals going up and down posts with one line

Thanks!!!!

Nancy
Old 03-20-20, 06:17 AM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,036 Times in 1,874 Posts
This bicycle had previously been discussed on the forums. See pics here; https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-v...do-i-have.html
Old 03-20-20, 10:41 AM
nljone09

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Yes, T Mar gave me some insight to what it might be, but I still don't know where to price it. I only repeated prior information to get a value for selling.

Thanks to all!
Old 03-20-20, 11:17 AM
T-Mar

Here's the latest picture uploaded by the OP. While it's much more presentable than previously, I'd tilt the bars up, so that the drops are angle just above horizontal and route the front brake cable over the bar.. OK BG, do your thang.
Old 03-20-20, 03:28 PM
Bikeuser12

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi, I have a Bianchi bike that I need identify its year of production and hopefully where was it made too. (and if you know what is this frame made of that would be awesome!)
It is a Bianchi Broadway color red. It has the "campione del mondo 1986-1987" round sticker and a sticker saying "high tension B/special tubing"
Serial Number : TI22905

I literally found this bike in a dump so I don't know much about it
I am doing a research project in this bike so if you know anything about it I would really appreciate it. T-Mar Bianchigirll

I tried to post pictures but the page doesn't let me
Old 03-20-20, 04:13 PM
T-Mar

Originally Posted by Bikeuser12
Hi, I have a Bianchi bike that I need identify its year of production and hopefully where was it made too. (and if you know what is this frame made of that would be awesome!)
It is a Bianchi Broadway color red. It has the "campione del mondo 1986-1987" round sticker and a sticker saying "high tension B/special tubing"
Serial Number : TI22905

I literally found this bike in a dump so I don't know much about it
I am doing a research project in this bike so if you know anything about it I would really appreciate it. T-Mar Bianchigirll

I tried to post pictures but the page doesn't let me
The round CdM decal was used on the1988 models. I don't recognize the S/N format. It's not that of Bianchi's prime Japanese source during this era. Given the era and level (hi-tensile steel tubing) I'd assume a Taiwanese source. Some people consider them entry level ATBs but I've always considered them more a city bicycle, as they don't stand up well to more than light duty off-road riding.
Old 03-23-20, 01:14 PM
nljone09

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanks T-Mar for posting the picture. So anyone have an idea what I price I should list this bike for?
Old 03-23-20, 01:50 PM
Johnnybikes

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix Elite, Flandria, Pinarello Montello Cromonero, schwinn world sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 13 Posts
With today's current market environment, plus an already declining vintage bike market, I would put it at $150-300.