Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Alt Bike Culture
Reload this Page >

Pics of your "alt bike(s)"?

Alt Bike Culture Chopped, dropped, stretched, lifted, and otherwise cut up and put back together. The art and science of choppers, cruisers, lowriders and the vast world of mutant bicycles.

Pics of your "alt bike(s)"?

Old 06-11-19, 08:43 AM
Philphine

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Trevtassie View Post
Yeah, we need pedals, there's one or two pubs that are slightly uphill from the main route. Main problem we have with speed is all the cars getting in the way.
yeah, my only ride was a highway over pass behind my old neighborhood, only about a 1/4ml long. i got up to a whopping 22mph. no wobbles though (even though it wasn't much of a test). really wish i could try a nice long downhill on it at least once.
Old 06-12-19, 06:29 PM
t_e_r_r_y

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Trevtassie View Post

Nothing over 20" My bike is a 20" frame, 26" front forks 16" rear wheel, 12" front wheel. The best bikes are old stunt BMXs with 12 or 16" wheels.

So we do this 3 or 4 times a year. From the top of Mt Wellington in Hobart, Tasmania. 15 miles of downhill, 4200ft elevation loss, anywhere from 5 to 8 pubs, ending up in the city center.
Was a slow run this time, my maximum speed was only 35mph, I've done 40 before.
reminds me of the portland zoobomb. we used to make the trek from seattle just to bomb that hill on little kids bikes with everyone, it was so much fun.
Old 06-12-19, 08:30 PM
Trevtassie

Bikes: A steel framed 26" off road tourer from a manufacturer who thinks they are cool. Giant Anthem. Trek 720 Multiroad pub bike. 10 kids bikes all under 20". Assorted waifs and unfinished projects.

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by t_e_r_r_y View Post
reminds me of the portland zoobomb. we used to make the trek from seattle just to bomb that hill on little kids bikes with everyone, it was so much fun.
Yeah, that was the inspiration. Actually did a Zoobomb once, thought it was a little short. Our hill is a mountain though, and no train so it's a one shot deal . Often snow at the top, and sometimes we have to start lower, especially at the equinoxes and the winter solstice. But that's ok, with all the stops along the way it often takes 5 or 6 hours to cover the 25km. It's more like a series of social occasions with some extreme mini bike action in between, thankfully as the social increases the steepness decreases, then we get to play in the traffic.
Old 06-13-19, 08:31 AM
Philphine

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by t_e_r_r_y View Post
i've looked at that one gravity bike vid on you tube a million times. the bike with the bomb on it (can't remember the guy's name now) was one of my inspirations. love to be able to take my bike and try that at least once.

edit: s.i.n. cycles. yes my brain barely works

Last edited by Philphine; 06-13-19 at 08:34 AM.