Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

4k Video: London to Roscoff, France - Brittany cycle touring

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-18, 12:05 PM
Robbiehunter5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi guys, if you're interested I've just edited a 4k video of my 8 day London to Roscoff Bicycle adventure. The route went via Reading, Winchester, Southampton, Portsmouth, [Ferry to France] - St Malo, St Breuic, Lannion, Moralix and Roscoff. I followed the eurovelo 4 route in france and the national cycle network routes in the UK.

Here is the video, if you have any questions I will happily answer

Thanks,
Rob
Old 10-04-18, 08:13 PM
dgodave
Behold my avatar:

Bikes: 2019 Gorilla Monsoon, 2013 Surly Krampus, Brompton folder

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 6941 Post(s)
Liked 444 Times in 289 Posts
Excellent, once again. Now I want to go there.

This is somewhat the tour I had wanted to do this May. Didnt have time to properly plan, so I did my Shropshire/Cotswolds tour instead, which I loved.

Looks like youre set up for camping?
Old 10-05-18, 01:50 PM
Robbiehunter5

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dgodave
Excellent, once again. Now I want to go there.

This is somewhat the tour I had wanted to do this May. Didnt have time to properly plan, so I did my Shropshire/Cotswolds tour instead, which I loved.

Looks like youre set up for camping?
Ah fair enough, if you decide to do this tour in the future just fyi the eurovelo route has signposts the whole way so maybe you don't need to do too much route planning. But fair enough the Cotswolds is a lovely place. But yes I'm set up for camping. I have a one man tent

Cheers Rob
Old 10-05-18, 03:52 PM
fietsbob
Banned

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 7607 Post(s)
Liked 1,355 Times in 862 Posts
1988 I think I used a Plymouth - Roscoff ferry, looks like it still runs ...
Old 10-06-18, 07:03 AM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 2738 Post(s)
Liked 970 Times in 793 Posts
it is fun travelling by bike isnt it? Here's a basic question-Ive been on a eurovelo route before and as you say, I agree that signage is pretty good and logical (ish) but how was the UK side of things on the National cycle network that you experienced?
Was it constantly meandering and stuff that either had you missing signs, or I guess I should put it- how was the signage and overall organization, and or was it consistent or hit and miss?
cheers

(ps, is this a re-edit, I seem to recall a few shots from a ways back, but perhaps Im wrong)
Old 10-09-18, 05:11 AM
Robbiehunter5

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by djb
it is fun travelling by bike isnt it? Here's a basic question-Ive been on a eurovelo route before and as you say, I agree that signage is pretty good and logical (ish) but how was the UK side of things on the National cycle network that you experienced?
Was it constantly meandering and stuff that either had you missing signs, or I guess I should put it- how was the signage and overall organization, and or was it consistent or hit and miss?
cheers

(ps, is this a re-edit, I seem to recall a few shots from a ways back, but perhaps Im wrong)
Yup it's fun travelling by bicycle, best way to see a country in my view. In the UK I've done a fair bit of cycling on the cycle routes and the signage is not as great - as the eurovelos one, pretty useless at times to be honest. But I take a gps with me on my tours so it's not as problematic. And yes there are missing signs in the UK, and I've seen them put their sticker signs on dog poo bins. They aren't as visible as the eurovelos one. But better than nothing in my view.

And nope this is not a re-edit. Cheers Rob.
Old 10-09-18, 05:29 AM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 2738 Post(s)
Liked 970 Times in 793 Posts
Thanks, kind of confirmed what my take on the signage etc, but wanted to see another person's experience. Cheers