Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

My Soulmate but nevertheless not my Wingman!

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

My Soulmate but nevertheless not my Wingman!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-21, 11:47 PM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1079 Post(s)
Liked 1,019 Times in 719 Posts
We often ride together, camp together, hike together, canoeing or kayaking, and plenty of other adventures. She followed me to the junkyard a time or two but didn't care for it that much. She doesn't woodwork, target shoot, hunt, work on cars, and leaves me to fix most things and completely tolerates my dabbling and eccentricities. I don't knit, machine sew (I can hand sew and she can't), paint, and whatever other hobbies she likes. We have plenty we enjoy doing together and we have plenty we'll wander off to do ourselves. Been working for the last 15 years and looking like it will last well past the 16th anniversary.
Likes For Russ Roth:
Old 01-22-21, 09:52 AM
bjjoondo 

Bikes: 2011 ICE Sprint Special Edition

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 101 Times in 66 Posts
Originally Posted by 5 mph
Who does the tire changes?
You're very lucky.
Well she will change a tire by herself and has done it out on the ride but usually it's ME!! It's like this, she sews and I bought some jersery's at a great price but found out the pockets were TINY and useless, she re-did them so I can actually get stuff in them, LOL, so I don't SEW so it's a fair trade as I usually do the minor maintance but if I need help or a extra or smaller pair of hands, she's right there. We also walk and volksmarch and been married for 40 years, have known each other for 50+ years and she's still around! YES, I am VERY LUCKY!

Last edited by bjjoondo; 01-22-21 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Adding more information!