Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Today I:

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-11, 04:18 PM
ddeadserious
Cat Enthusiast

Bikes: All City Nature Boy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Today, I had plans to go to a friends house to put his wheels on my then-wheel-less bike so we could ride. After swapping his tires/tubes off and my tires and tubes on, we found the front axle didn't fit in my fork. Ended up riding his Origin 8 Brutus, which was cool but really not a fun bike for going fast, far, or downhill. Then one of my friends spokes broke throwing his wheel off. Let him ride back to his truck on his Brutus so he could pick up his broken bike and I.

Also received my new wheel set, wrestled my tires on them(whilst pinching/puncturing a tube and having to go out and buy a new one), then took it for a short ride. Now I'm finally relaxing since I woke up at 6:30. Hoping to ride some more later.
Old 10-08-11, 04:33 PM
EpicSchwinn
Just smang it.

Bikes: Felt F1X, Trek 2300 Composite, Dawes Deadeye

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Last night some guys in my dorm and I grilled up $100 worth of steaks, drank fancy root beer (dry campus), and ate cinnamon roll chocolate chip cookies. Later we had a 2 guitar, 1 banjo (me), and ukelele bluegrass jam session on the front porch. Too much good stuff
Old 10-08-11, 04:36 PM
ddeadserious
Cat Enthusiast

Bikes: All City Nature Boy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EpicSchwinn
Last night some guys in my dorm and I grilled up $100 worth of steaks, drank fancy root beer (dry campus), and ate cinnamon roll chocolate chip cookies. Later we had a 2 guitar, 1 banjo (me), and ukelele bluegrass jam session on the front porch. Too much good stuff
My girlfriend and I agree this sounds like the best night ever. Sounds like a blast.
Old 10-08-11, 04:44 PM
jimmytango
Hi, I'm Bryan.

Bikes: 2010 Focus Mares

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yeah, that sounds awesome.
Old 10-08-11, 05:18 PM
Das Stig

Bikes: '08 Pista

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Today I started packing. My girlfriend and I simultaneously received job offers from the aerospace company we both worked for before moving to Vermont. It requires moving back the the Hartford CT area where I grew up. It means our household income will increase 200%... no joke, the money is unreal. But I really really love Burlington, and we moved here to escape the more readily available hard drugs in western mass/nw connecticut that led me down a bad path. I'm on more solid ground now so I think I can stay strong. But I hate moving, and I'll miss the waterfront bike path here. Not sure if I'm excited or mourning... ugh
Old 10-08-11, 05:44 PM
misskaz
sqrl

Bikes: bieks

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Today I cleaned the house and will soon be leaving to ride to a friend's housewarming party, featuring lots of fried foods because the first thing they bought when they got the new apartment was a deep fryer. There will also be excellent beer and fun people, because that's how we roll. This'll be the first time on my fixed gear in weeks and I'm excited.

Edited to add: Good luck, Das Stig!
Old 10-08-11, 05:50 PM
Street rider
We win all charity rides

Bikes: BMX, fixed gear

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My roommate plays banjo, and I grew up in a country/bluegrass community. Can't ever get enough man.
Old 10-08-11, 06:24 PM
jimmytango
Hi, I'm Bryan.

Bikes: 2010 Focus Mares

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Das Stig
Today I started packing. My girlfriend and I simultaneously received job offers from the aerospace company we both worked for before moving to Vermont. It requires moving back the the Hartford CT area where I grew up. It means our household income will increase 200%... no joke, the money is unreal. But I really really love Burlington, and we moved here to escape the more readily available hard drugs in western mass/nw connecticut that led me down a bad path. I'm on more solid ground now so I think I can stay strong. But I hate moving, and I'll miss the waterfront bike path here. Not sure if I'm excited or mourning... ugh
Congratulations on the job. I used to have issues with that scene too. If you want, I'll pm you my number so you have someone to chat with if the temptations get to you.
Old 10-08-11, 06:50 PM
hamfoh
hamcycles.com

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ddeadserious
My girlfriend and I agree this sounds like the best night ever. Sounds like a blast.
replace root beer with real beer and we're onto something
Old 10-08-11, 07:01 PM
hairnet
Fresh Garbage

Bikes: N+1

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 18 Posts
making up a weeks worth of work. kill me now

time to bikerastinate
Old 10-08-11, 07:56 PM
Verbose

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It has been raining for the last 18 hours pretty much non-stop so no riding this weekend unless it is nice tomorrow. Got a ton of work done as a result so not a total loss.
Old 10-08-11, 08:36 PM
homebrewk
yoked

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Sounds like fun to me!
Old 10-08-11, 08:38 PM
MXBoy11

Bikes: Trek 4300

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Today I lost my oakleys riding...
Old 10-08-11, 09:30 PM
Relyks
What are you looking at?

Bikes: Fairdale Parser

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Today I went on a 20 miler with my pops. There was a ridiculous headwind both ways.

It was still all kinds of fun.
Old 10-08-11, 11:39 PM
cc700
Ths Hipstr Kills Masheenz

Bikes: tirove

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
today i got rained on in my orion. i also rode the cannon ryde and kilo. plus i had a five hour nap. saturdaaaay
Old 10-09-11, 12:11 AM
misskaz
sqrl

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
today i got drunk at my friend's party. i love riding home from parties/bars at night. just drunk enough to feel a little invincible. roads mostly empty and quiet. i get to turn on my spoke lights. <3 i have a crush on every single one of you. that's what happens when misskaz drinks.

i have to get up in 5 hours to go root for a friend running the chicago marathon. that's gonna hurt.
Old 10-09-11, 12:37 AM
Leukybear 
THE STUFFED

Bikes: R. Sachs Road; EAI Bareknuckle; S-Works Enduro

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 17 Posts
Today I went on my usual group ride but with some minor variations, my usual paltry carbon stallion was replaced with a metallic Ti stallion, my wife tagged along on her new ride and to my amazement kept up with the A group I'm apart of (she was even prepared to be dropped); change is good. We finished it all off with lunch at the cottage, complete with mahi mahi and stares of envy and perplexity at us in our kits and our bikes leaning against the patio fence.

Would've been perfect if it wasn't for my darn mac pro server choosing to have one of the four HDD's die within itself preventing me from having a deep music listening session; it's all good data wise considering I have it configured in RAID, a simple fix only considering if it wasn't for the fact that I'm some 500 odd miles away from it back home.
Old 10-09-11, 01:37 AM
Jaytron
Brown Bear, Sqrl Hunter

Bikes: CAAD 10 4, Dolan DF4, Fuji Track Classic

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 15 Posts
Today I rode all around SF, from the beach to the park to the pier. Saw the Blue Angels do their thing. Then back down to SJ to watch the Sharks win their season opener. All in all, great day.

Also got a set of rollers for $25. Woop.

Last edited by Jaytron; 10-09-11 at 01:50 AM.
Old 10-09-11, 08:56 AM
LocoTracks

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Today I don't feel like going on my group ride since its wet and I don't have good rain gear.
Old 10-09-11, 09:03 AM
cc700
Ths Hipstr Kills Masheenz

Bikes: tirove

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
loco, what size are you? it wasn't that rainy last night. (HTFU and borrow my old jacket)
Old 10-09-11, 11:11 AM
homebrewk
yoked

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Leukybear
We finished it all off with lunch at the cottage, complete with mahi mahi and stares of envy and perplexity at us in our kits and our bikes leaning against the patio fence.
Yum!
Old 10-09-11, 02:10 PM
91MF
i'll probably break it

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
today i am recovering.

a friend turned 33 and had a load of us over to his place for bbq and firepit. lost track of my intake but around ~4am wives are asleep and party has thinned. him and i walked an old friend home, i dont care if its the suburbs, drunk girls shouldnt be allowed to walk by themselves. on the way back we passed our old highschool. i havent been back ever and just wanted look inside through the window. one of the side doors was unlocked. we drank a tallboy in the courtyard and did a lap of the halls. motion sensor picked us up on the way out and alarm went off. then we went back and i woke up 8:30 this morning on their couch with half a bag of potato chips dumped in my lap and a whale documentary on max volume.
Old 10-09-11, 02:20 PM
91MF
i'll probably break it

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by adriano
on the front page right now:
a man named cassidy and his custom neon frame
a gentlemans ride with a strava link
the german flag with belgian crest mash jawns
many custom frames
and
https://prollyisnotprobably.com/2011/...is_so_sick.php
and
https://prollyisnotprobably.com/2011/...on_low_low.php
Originally Posted by adriano
doze comments if you didnt check.
"facts: almost certainly functionally idiotic, high marks in quality, rarity, msrp, and colour coordination, a very conspicuous professional racer look, certainly well loved and much enjoyed

the spice of life/10
ride on."

haha i see you
Old 10-09-11, 02:25 PM
homebrewk
yoked

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by 91MF
today i am recovering.

a friend turned 33 and had a load of us over to his place for bbq and firepit. lost track of my intake but around ~4am wives are asleep and party has thinned. him and i walked an old friend home, i dont care if its the suburbs, drunk girls shouldnt be allowed to walk by themselves. on the way back we passed our old highschool. i havent been back ever and just wanted look inside through the window. one of the side doors was unlocked. we drank a tallboy in the courtyard and did a lap of the halls. motion sensor picked us up on the way out and alarm went off. then we went back and i woke up 8:30 this morning on their couch with half a bag of potato chips dumped in my lap and a whale documentary on max volume.
"Dude, where's my bike?"
Old 10-09-11, 02:41 PM
misskaz
sqrl

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Today I got up at 6am on only 5 hours of sleep following the fried foods party, and went to cheer for a friend in the Chicago Marathon. Hopped around the route and got to see her/cheer for her at three different points (8 miles, 21 miles, and 25 miles). Runners are crazy, yo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.