Search
Notices
Manufacturer, Retailer, Survey and Consumer Feedback As a manufacturer or retailer, do you want opinions and feedback on your products or services? Members, do you have an open letter to publish? Here's a place for both sides of the industry to communicate. Also, surveys and Student Data Colllection projects go in here.

Care!!! GOCYCLE Scammers!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-11, 12:44 PM
Beatriz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Care!!! GOCYCLE Scammers!!!

I cheated a customer and I will tell the story of my odyssey.

Please excuse the translation.

I bought all my illusion Gocycle on January 15, 2011 to give to my wife.
That same day, at my house, start to charge the battery, once charged, and all excited when I go to test the function e-bike, to my surprise, the engine is dead KO, not responding.

I am contacting the central Gocycle, customer service and after following his instructions and verify that there is no solution, I suggest that they send the Gocycle a factory (I wonder, have quality control in manufacturing?).

Well, after 2 MONTHS, YES 2 MONTHS, I delivered at home Gocycle theoretically repaired. But it was not repaired, this time, pressing the button the motor to noise, but did not transmit power.

Re-check everything and Gocycle conclusion I have to replace the motor.

May 5, I get the new engine, but continued in exactly the same problem, if noisy, but does not transmit power.

I STRESS THAT I FEEL CHEATED WITH YOUR PRODUCT. :mad
Please, I ask me the That They collect the money back Gocycle and me.

They initially proposed to me that I replace the entire Gocycle, but then insist on changing the engine for a super special. I copy text from your mail.

"We Have Been in contact with regarding your Gocycle ProCycle motor-gearbox. We Have Offered to send you an alternative motor-gearbox s, which is German-made, with INCREASED reliability. Typically, this has-been reserved as an upgrade option for customers Who Their use in hilly regions Gocycle or on rough terrain. We are Offering this free of charge (retail value £ 220 excl VAT). "

My surprise is when I get the motor and see inside the package.
The engine is used, this rubbed and scratched. It's the same engine as the original, you can see that you have removed the labels (or bothered to remove the tail).

This is shameful, 27.05 TODAY AND RECEIVE NO RESPONSE YET.
I've been robbed.

Excuse all this text, but please take this into account before purchasing a Gocycle.

Old 05-29-11, 11:05 AM
miro13car
Banned.

Bikes: Norco

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So it is British based company, Richard Torpe deisgner, he worked for F1 formula , Mercedes and he designes electric motor with exposed to weather windings**********
Are you sure there is no cover on that end of red motor just opened to rain water windings of motor?
Initally I thought you are Chinese but you write from Western Europe, Britain maybe?
Or mainland Europe.
After quick check Gocycle seems good quality Western Europe manufactured bike.
Let me read once again.
Old 05-30-11, 05:55 AM
Beatriz

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by miro13car
So it is British based company, Richard Torpe deisgner, he worked for F1 formula , Mercedes and he designes electric motor with exposed to weather windings**********
Are you sure there is no cover on that end of red motor just opened to rain water windings of motor?
Initally I thought you are Chinese but you write from Western Europe, Britain maybe?
Or mainland Europe.
After quick check Gocycle seems good quality Western Europe manufactured bike.
Let me read once again.
Sorry but I fail to see part of your comments,
The Gocycle, five months after the purchase, still not carried out or 1 kilometer.
My wife refuses to use it as the engine may not work.
This situation is incomprehensible.
Old 08-01-17, 04:50 AM
Longmore

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gocycle Terrible Customer Service

Hi there, I am new to this forum but had wanted to post my terrible experience and customer service from Gocycle as it seems to ring true here as it did on another site.

I had purchased a Gocycle G3 electric bike off a website called gumtree and upon delivery the bike was boxed but I had checked the serial number against all of the 3 police bike databases and all stated that the bike was not stolen nor had been registered as, so I completed the transaction. Upon assembly I realised that the bike was in reseller mode and so needed to be registered via an app, which I had attempted to do but to no avail. The seller was no longer answering calls or texts so I called Karbon Kinetics ltd (gocycle) and spoke with their tech team who informed me that the bike had been registered stolen by themselves and they had subsequently claimed the loss from their insurance company a year ago. You can imagine my shock at the news especially as one would expect that a bike company that portrays themselves as a RESPONSIBLE organisation would have registered the bike as stolen on the police databases as a matter of principle with immediate effect, something which i found absolutely astounding as surely any reasonable person would do so. They stated that there was an open police investigation and although claimed via insurance, they would need police direction before any decisions could be made on their side, at which point they gave me the details of the investigative officer.

After reporting the fraud (in my instance) to the police I had discussions with the police who then wrote to Karbon Kinetics advising them that although the investigation into the original theft was still ongoing there are no lines of inquiry left relating to the bike itself and requesting that they unlock it. At this point I feel as though Karbon Kinetics began to treat me in a very unprofessional manner and after chasing them each day for weeks on end they informed me that they now had to contact the insurance company as they were worried about liability and possible defamation from my part if something went wrong? Again following weeks of chasing and having drafted a non-liability and non-defamation agreement which I had hoped would allay the concerns of the MD Richard Thorpe, i was then told that the bike is the property of the insurance company and that they (the insurance company) would write to me at some point, which obviously they haven't done. I had requested the details of the insurance company numerous times to sort things out with them, but they have refused to provide this. As such I am now in limbo as the bike is unusable nor can i negotiate with the insurance company directly as they refuse to assist me any further.

I have never been treated in such a way by a company before in my life and I find the fact that Gocycle would not report a stolen bike as stolen and let an innocent consumer purchase one after following all relevant procedure as astonishing and the lack of assistance on their part seems totally unreasonable. As such I have been advising all of friends and colleagues to avoid this company at all costs as it seems they have no empathy nor any desire to help.
Old 08-01-17, 09:02 PM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 3090 Post(s)
Liked 6,594 Times in 3,781 Posts
Thread moved from Electric Bikes forum to Manufacturer, Retailer, Survey and Consumer Feedback forum.
Old 11-26-17, 10:13 AM
Peter Kinnaird

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gocycle not to blame have you not heard of caveat emptor!

Originally Posted by Longmore
Hi there, I am new to this forum but had wanted to post my terrible experience and customer service from Gocycle as it seems to ring true here as it did on another site.

I had purchased a Gocycle G3 electric bike off a website called gumtree and upon delivery the bike was boxed but I had checked the serial number against all of the 3 police bike databases and all stated that the bike was not stolen nor had been registered as, so I completed the transaction. Upon assembly I realised that the bike was in reseller mode and so needed to be registered via an app, which I had attempted to do but to no avail. The seller was no longer answering calls or texts so I called Karbon Kinetics ltd (gocycle) and spoke with their tech team who informed me that the bike had been registered stolen by themselves and they had subsequently claimed the loss from their insurance company a year ago. You can imagine my shock at the news especially as one would expect that a bike company that portrays themselves as a RESPONSIBLE organisation would have registered the bike as stolen on the police databases as a matter of principle with immediate effect, something which i found absolutely astounding as surely any reasonable person would do so. They stated that there was an open police investigation and although claimed via insurance, they would need police direction before any decisions could be made on their side, at which point they gave me the details of the investigative officer.

After reporting the fraud (in my instance) to the police I had discussions with the police who then wrote to Karbon Kinetics advising them that although the investigation into the original theft was still ongoing there are no lines of inquiry left relating to the bike itself and requesting that they unlock it. At this point I feel as though Karbon Kinetics began to treat me in a very unprofessional manner and after chasing them each day for weeks on end they informed me that they now had to contact the insurance company as they were worried about liability and possible defamation from my part if something went wrong? Again following weeks of chasing and having drafted a non-liability and non-defamation agreement which I had hoped would allay the concerns of the MD Richard Thorpe, i was then told that the bike is the property of the insurance company and that they (the insurance company) would write to me at some point, which obviously they haven't done. I had requested the details of the insurance company numerous times to sort things out with them, but they have refused to provide this. As such I am now in limbo as the bike is unusable nor can i negotiate with the insurance company directly as they refuse to assist me any further.

I have never been treated in such a way by a company before in my life and I find the fact that Gocycle would not report a stolen bike as stolen and let an innocent consumer purchase one after following all relevant procedure as astonishing and the lack of assistance on their part seems totally unreasonable. As such I have been advising all of friends and colleagues to avoid this company at all costs as it seems they have no empathy nor any desire to help.

To be frank with you on reading your post it is difficult to feel that much sympathy for you or to attach much blame to gocycle. You should be aware of the old legal maxim CAVEAT EMPTOR which means BUYER BEWARE. Anyone buying a new boxed bike via a seller of unknown background via gum tree frankly needs his head examined.. You do not say how much you paid, but it would seem that you clearly had some suspicions about getting good title to the goods given you checked out various stolen bike databases. You say nothing about whether you made enquiries of the vendor to check his voracity and the provenance of the bike. It seems easy to deduce that you took a chance on a cut price bargain and only found that your gamble had not paid off when you discovered the bike needed registration via an app with the maker to be usable.
It is clear from your text that gocycle had reported the theft to the police and claimed on insurance against the theft. As a gocycle owner who has had nothing but first class service from the company it grieves me to see an unfounded spurious complaint such as this aired in public forum. In fact as a gocycle owner i am delighted to note that the company takes a careful and cautious approach to registering stolen gocycles onto the app and access to firmware. They have only your word that you purchased from gumtree and aere not involved in a heist. Get real if you buy a new bke outside of the usual buying channels it is your risk and you should not expect the manufacturer of the stolen goods to bail you out.
Old 11-27-17, 04:03 AM
Longmore

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I do agree, as a victim of fraud myself in this instance, that one should take upmost care when purchasing used items, but I don’t believe it practical to conduct background checks against sellers hence why we have databases to assist buyers in their purchasing decisions such as when buying a used car. 1/3 of the retail price seems neither unreasonable nor suspect as all items depreciate once purchased so the price seemed in line with my expectations and required a lot of negotiation. I had a bicycle stolen previously and the first things I did was to report it to the police and register it on the stolen database in case of recovery and just as importantly to try and prevent some other poor chap from falling victim to the thieves. This would be the actions of any responsible person and the company hadn’t done this in this instance causing one to think the bike had no red ****, so yes I do believe they should have done this at the very least.

I would also agree that I could have been any John Doe when trying to have the bike unlocked and can understand their initial hesitation, but once the metropolitan police have conducted their investigations and sent, in writing to the company, that they are happy that I had no involvement, the bike is no longer part of their enquiries and can the company unlock it, to still question any possible fraud on my part is to question the integrity of our police force itself.

Finally even after all of that I believe by law the bike now belongs to the insurance company and the company have refused thus far to provide me with the name of insurance company so that I can discuss matters with them personally all of which seems like a red flag on their behalf as why would they not want to connect a recovered bike with its rightful owner.

Prior to this I had a used Mando footloose bike and the contrast in customer service couldn’t have been more different. When I had a problem they (from Korea) were speaking to their dealers in Europe sending me emails to update and even though they couldn’t help in this instance offered accessories as some form of compensation, which I refused as they had tried so hard to help in the first instance. This is called GOODWILL and is what separates companies apart. The company in question here had no legal obligation to help but have also shown no goodwill in trying to assist even though we are both victims of the same criminals. So I am pleased that you have not experienced any problems yourself but I personally will not purchase another bike from this company and neither will any of those whom I’ve discussed the scenario with.