Search
Notices
Manufacturer, Retailer, Survey and Consumer Feedback As a manufacturer or retailer, do you want opinions and feedback on your products or services? Members, do you have an open letter to publish? Here's a place for both sides of the industry to communicate. Also, surveys and Student Data Colllection projects go in here.

Error 30H, good luck with Luna helping

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-17, 03:21 PM
Mcasey

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Error 30H, good luck with Luna helping

If you get a error 30H with your Bafang BBSHD mid drive it will likely be the controller, Luna seemed helpful at first but I soon felt I was getting the run a round. And when I ask them to stand behind there product I got no responds at all. The following was my interaction with them.

Describe problem as clearly as you can with product:

Removed battery to charge re-installed and now I have an error 30h Check all connections and swapped out display with a friend that has the same. Still getting error 30H.... No crashes, no visible shorted or damaged connection/wires, less then 100 miles on the bike

Hello Mike
Check the bottom terminal slots underneath the battery pack. Do any of them look out of alignment? Take some up close pictures and we’ll be able to verify for you. You can typically just take a screwdriver and adjust them slightly to make them “pop” out further

mIKE replied:
No visible misalignment, I also tried swapping out the battery with my friend who has the same.

What happens when you unplug everything except the display unit? Does error 30H still apply? Do you have a programming cable to replace the display with to see if it powers up?

mIKE replied:
Tried that, also swapped out with my friends display and still get the same error 30 H
Okay, one last thing if possible. Can you swap out the harness cable itself that goes into the controller with your friends harness? Or have you done that already? Just have the harness and display plugged in and see if 30H still shows up.

mIKE replied:
I'm afraid that's where my friend draws the line, he is not willing to pull his controller apart to diagnose mine. And I have to say I don't blame him.

I didn’t mean the controller. I mean the harness cable. Although it would be nice if he could do the controller too. But we need to eliminate the harness, y’know, the fat big cable that connects everything together into the motor. Once we know that’s not the cause of the issue, we can move from there.

mIKE replied:
I have good continuity thru both black and red wires of the battery harness cable

mIKE replied:
Swapped out the harness with my buddy it does not appear to have any problems. I think this only leaves us with the controller it must've failed

Mike, can you provide us pictures of everything? The wiring, the inside of the controller, ideally we want you to open the entire thing up and take pictures of the Motor Core and Controller phase wires. Can we also have pictures of your battery connection terminals? To make sure they’re not bent out of shape or anything or failing to make a connection.
We might need you to send back your motor for inspection since we cannot be entirely sure if this was related to a defect or if water got into it or something.

mIKE replied:
I have checked every think you've asked me to check, sent you photos of the battery connections, swapped out nearly every component with my buddies bike. Based on my Internet search this is not an uncommon problem it appears to be the controller. I've had the bike for just over three months with the last three weeks of it being down for this problem. The bike has less than 100 miles on it and has never been ridden in the rain. There must be a better resolution for this other than me taking it all back apart and taking photos.

We can accept the motor back for inspection if you pay for shipping both ways.
Just let me know and I can set you up with the RMA instructions for that.

I have taken it upon myself to replace the controller, which I purchased from your company as I did not feel sending you back the entire motor at my expense was the best way to resolve the problem. This has fixed the code 30H and the bike is functioning properly. I have attached photos of the failed controller and as you can see there is no visible damage, the controller has just failed. I feel at this point the right thing for Luna to do would be to reimburse me for the cost of the controller.

No reply form Luna
Old 09-19-17, 06:03 PM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3090 Post(s)
Liked 6,593 Times in 3,781 Posts
Thread moved from Forum Suggestions & User Assistance to Manufacturer Feedback.