Go Back  Bike Forums > News & Suggestions > Manufacturer, Retailer, Survey and Consumer Feedback
Reload this Page >

wingless' Bell Z20 MIPS-Equipped - Ghost Reflective

Search
Notices
Manufacturer, Retailer, Survey and Consumer Feedback As a manufacturer or retailer, do you want opinions and feedback on your products or services? Members, do you have an open letter to publish? Here's a place for both sides of the industry to communicate. Also, surveys and Student Data Colllection projects go in here.

wingless' Bell Z20 MIPS-Equipped - Ghost Reflective

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-17, 05:36 PM
wingless

Bikes: 2011 Trek 1.2 + 2016 Trek 1.1 H2

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts
wingless' Bell Z20 MIPS-Equipped Helmet - Ghost Reflective

It was long past due for me to replace my bicycle helmet.

My selection was this Bell Z20 MIPS-Equipped Helmet w/ Ghost Reflective Coating.

This is a very nice helmet.

There are seven long, segmented, front-to-rear ventilation slots, plus four smaller rear exit ventilation slots.

The suspension has two adjustments. The rear head cradle has their FIT system. There is a rear central knob to tighten or loosen the cradle, labeled as: FLOAT RACE. This is a very easy and very intuitive system. That FIT cradle may also be manually placed up or down at one of three locations, for larger or smaller heads. It arrived placed in the center location, that fit my head and I left it at that location.

The matching silver / gray color helmet strap has vee strap adjustments on each side. The instructions state (and show) that the straps should be adjusted to just below the ears. That adjustment is easy to perform. The chin strap length is adjusted for a proper fit, also easy to perform. The chin strap has a standard push-in / pinch release silver / gray buckle.

The MIPS system permits a snug head fit, plus limited rotational movement of the outer shell.

The helmet weight is 343.1g.

The Ghost Reflective finish has the entire exterior and inner shell first painted a light metallic silver. Then there is a reflective decal , also the same light metallic silver, applied over most of the exterior shell. The reflective decal is full coverage starting at the rear, then when approaching the front changes to a partial surface coverage dot pattern, changing to no reflective decal coverage at the very front. There are eight front-to-back exterior shell surfaces covered w/ this reflective decal. The bottom ribs at the rear on each side have "BELL" text, using this reflective decal. The rear center bottom two ribs don't have the reflective decal.

The silver BELL logo on the front center is not the reflective decal.

There are two layers of black foam. The construction is: the silver outer shell, a black foam layer; the silver inner shell; another black foam layer; the thin plastic suspension; then the replaceable helmet pads. The new helmet includes a spare set of replaceable helmet pads, w/ Bell's X-static marking.

Included in the box are:
  • Bell Z20 MIPS Helmet
  • Spare Replaceable Helmet Pads w/ Bell's X-static marking
  • Multiple Language Owner's Manual
  • Small (2-7/8"x1½") Red White Black Oval Bell Unused Loose Decal

The helmet is marked as compliant w/ US CPSC Standard for Bicycle Helmets.

One of the factors leaning me to this helmet selection was the Ghost Reflective coating. My before / after work rides will be dark during the winter months, so I want the extra visibility.

This product was purchased by me using cash from my pocket. I have zero affiliation and zero agreement w/ the manufacturer or w/ the vendor.

This is a high-quality helmet that is well-constructed and I would not hesitate to recommend this helmet.

Nighttime Reflective Decal Images

Last edited by wingless; 11-14-17 at 09:39 AM.