Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Have I injured my quad? Is this muscle strain?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Have I injured my quad? Is this muscle strain?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-23, 11:27 AM
Jicafold

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 89 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
See a doctor. Could be a lot of things, including a blood clot.
Blood clots hardly ever occur in the quadriceps region. The only time I ever saw one there was an in a patient after surgery in that specific region. They almost always occur in the calf and it requires emergency consultation and a Doppler ultrasound. I know you have had them elsewhere. However, if he really had one he may be dead by now due to pulmonary embolism.

Originally Posted by jananji
If you believe the injury is serious and/or If you are too worried, please seek professional advise. And you may be prescribed an MRI,which can give enough details about the injury.
No physician in his right mind after listening to your subjective complaints of intermittent leg pain would order an MRI. You would have to fail a trial of physical therapy and anti-inflammatory medications first.

"Originally Posted by cubewheels
Vitamin C can potentially make worse muscle tears and since cycling activity can make very small tears in the muscles, Vitamin C can be bad.

Given the current Vitamin C hype due to Covid, it just might be one of many reasons for muscle injury.

https://news.ufl.edu/archive/2001/09...udy-shows.html"

This isn't even a literature study. It is an article about a study. And it only included 14 people.

Last edited by Jicafold; 12-19-23 at 11:49 AM.
Old 12-19-23, 01:26 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18430 Post(s)
Liked 15,585 Times in 7,339 Posts
Likes For indyfabz: