Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

What bike did I just buy?

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

What bike did I just buy?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-23, 07:07 AM
Jicafold

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 89 Posts
Thank you. Well, I'm going to strip the frame to the bare metal and repaint. Then.,..who knows.
Old 12-20-23, 09:00 AM
juvela

Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3815 Post(s)
Liked 3,345 Times in 2,182 Posts
-----

some of the frame's quality details make me think it could be from one of the not well known in North America producers of quality frames in modest numbers

as an example can think of CNC, do not wish to suggest frame from them, mention them only as an example

some of the makers in this "category" put most of their capacity into contract work/private labelling which makes their names even less well known

we definitely could use a visit from our Detective Chief Inspector MauriceMoss on this one...

let's hope he may have some time away from other endeavours over the holiday period

-----