Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

I've had it with Louis Garneau bicycling crap!

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

I've had it with Louis Garneau bicycling crap!

Old 08-20-19, 11:47 PM
em_525

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
In my brief experience, I wasn't impressed with Louis Garneau. I received a Diamond Pro helmet with uneven finish to the entire shell and the entire back retaining system would not stay clipped into the helmet. I contacted their customer service and instead of sending a new helmet, I was offered a new retaining system. Mind you, this was after they were made aware of how uneven the shell finish was. I was also told the retaining system was designed to pop off in an accident, which sounds absurd. However, to pop off it would have had to be popped in at some point, which wasn't happening. I digress.

Fast forward two weeks, and strap adjustment pieces show up, no retaining system. I contact them again and they want fresh photos of the situation. Again, I was sent strap adjustment pieces.

I again contacted them and they now wanted me to fish my receipt out and again send photos. At that point, I was completely fed up and the helmet went in the trash.

Does that mean that all Louis Garneau gear is bad? No? Does it mean their customer service is always bad? No. Are they getting another shot at my business? Absolutely not.

YMMV