Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Ross Bicentennial 20"

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-23, 04:44 PM
RCMoeur 
Cantilever believer

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Liked 1,869 Times in 846 Posts
Ross Bicentennial 20"

The 70s called, and they have a bike for us.

The local Free Bikes 4 Kidz group received this bicycle via donation and were wondering if it has any special value to a collector, or whether they should just fix it up for a kid for another 47 years.

As you can see, it's not mint - the banana seat has spoiled, some decals have faded, and there's a lot of authentic Colonial Revival "patina" on the bike, and at the moment it's unrestored.

Constructive feedback welcome, including if this is the wrong forum for this question.

This has been today's Bicentennial Minute.
Old 04-28-23, 04:49 PM
jiangshi
Banned.

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 514 Post(s)
Liked 270 Times in 172 Posts
$30, I would guess, maybe $20.
Old 04-30-23, 09:58 AM
Mr. 66

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 1145 Post(s)
Liked 1,764 Times in 969 Posts
Oh Dude! I would go wild on price if I were to sell. $300, that's almost 50 year old bike in great shape, I mean no rust, with tons of nostalgia. Bikes like this will find someone that wants their "Rosebud" memories put in the front of their mind. Amazing, with bikes like this we used to setup wood ramps with blocks and were would have jump contests. Lol, Lordy did we trash bikes, this was right before the BMX took over the scene.

I had the 'record' jump with my 3speed Sears stingray copy. Lol
Old 04-30-23, 06:08 PM
wrk101
Thrifty Bill

Bikes: 86 Katakura Silk, 87 Prologue X2, 88 Cimarron LE, 1975 Sekai 4000 Professional, 73 Paramount, plus more

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Quoted: 1236 Post(s)
Liked 965 Times in 629 Posts
The Rosebud crowd tends to want boys bikes, not girls models. Plus Ross was not a desirable brand. Fix it and put in the hands of a local rider.