Search this Thread

Old 04-15-11, 02:02 PM
CyLowe97
Up on the Down Side

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
CyLowe97 Racin' 2011 News Flash: I renewed my USAC license today. Look out, punks.
Old 04-15-11, 02:37 PM
Scummer
Genetics have failed me

Bikes: Norwid Aaland, Radon Slide 140, Elom 505 Titan, Dahon mju, Pedalforce CX1, Battaglin Power+, Old MTB and lots of spare parts

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 6 Posts
I'm shakin' in my boots.

No, seriously.
Old 04-16-11, 03:20 PM
MJH2

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by carlosflanders
Do the 30+ 1/2/3 unless you're looking for IL Cup pts. Losing to cat 3 women is cool.

A late April Fool's joke: A certain cat 1 CXer has registered for the masters 4/5's race. I guess you gotta take your wins where you can get them.
And, tell the class who took the win?

Here's what twitter says:

-Leading masters 4 5. Long line in the gutter. 1 mile in

-Break of 3 and 2 bridging. Masters 4 5. #Lelandkermesse

-Trio of leaders have good formula. Kill it first 2 gravel sections. Then settle in and cooperate Fireworks next lap #Lelandkermesse

-Our 3 leaders now taking on Km 75 thru 100. Lots of brave souls riding alone. #Lelandkermesse

-Windy and down to 40 F. At the #Lelandkermesse Riders are going hard and slow.

-Our 3 masters are shaking hands taking fluid fixing shoes. Ready to hit their 10 th gravel section du jour #Lelandkermesse

-2 masters still cooperating. 1/2 lap remain #Lelandkermesse

-Here we go. Masters 4 5. Gloves are off on gravel 2. #Lelandkermesse

-Hemme and proctor rider have dropped the Verdi Gris.

-They fist pump before the last gravel. And. It's on. Hemme all over his bike with 3 Jm to go #Lelandkermesse

-@chenzy007 The proctor rider wins the drag race. Mast 45. #Lelandkermesse

Congrats!
Old 04-16-11, 03:45 PM
carlosflanders

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
God bless the 11 tooth!

umm... I look pretty foolish now. Nothing unusual.

Last edited by carlosflanders; 04-16-11 at 04:06 PM.
Old 04-16-11, 04:19 PM
MJH2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ain't no looking foolish when you win. Especially on a day like today.

Maybe next time he'll see your name and whine about how that sandbagging belgian/spaniard keeps picking on the old guys!
Old 04-18-11, 08:12 AM
Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1325 Post(s)
Liked 1,306 Times in 560 Posts
Nice job Carlos. We were driving awa watching the twitter updates. When I saw the one about the Proctor rider I knew it was you. Helluva day. I jammed my tire to frame clearance with mud and crap. Ground to a halt in the first gravel section - sprayed it with a bottle to dislodge the gunk. Sucked but I get what I deserve for riding the tires I did. Blech. Great race and a great day. Helluva feather to have in your cap for sure. Taking it over Hemme just adds to the accomplishment for sure.

...now upgrade you f'n sandbagger!

Old 04-18-11, 12:12 PM
John Wilke

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
See any photogs down there? Maybe that N4XI (?) dude or someone?
Old 04-18-11, 03:05 PM
carlosflanders

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Considering I had zero upgrade points in fifty-odd races it's going to be difficult to relieve myself of my sandbagger status. Not even sure if this race counts for points or not. It should, but the pointsmeisters have their own way of working.

Maybe I'll just do a Ben W. and milk it for all it's worth, and then some, and be upgraded kicking and screaming.

or just never get a decent result again. Who knows?

btw, I had 25 mm vittoria tires (very tall) that just cleared the fork and bb. A lot of stuff got jammed in there on the gravel but there was no way I was going to stop, even if I destroyed my frame.
Old 04-18-11, 03:06 PM
carlosflanders

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by John Wilke
See any photogs down there? Maybe that N4XI (?) dude or someone?
There were definitely some pro-looking photographers out there. Internets reveal no links though.
Old 04-18-11, 09:13 PM
aham23
grilled cheesus

Bikes: 2010 CAAD9 Custom, 06 Giant TCR C2 & 05 Specialized Hardrock Sport

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MJH2
And, tell the class who took the win?

Here's what twitter says:

-Leading masters 4 5. Long line in the gutter. 1 mile in

-Break of 3 and 2 bridging. Masters 4 5. #Lelandkermesse

-Trio of leaders have good formula. Kill it first 2 gravel sections. Then settle in and cooperate Fireworks next lap #Lelandkermesse

-Our 3 leaders now taking on Km 75 thru 100. Lots of brave souls riding alone. #Lelandkermesse

-Windy and down to 40 F. At the #Lelandkermesse Riders are going hard and slow.

-Our 3 masters are shaking hands taking fluid fixing shoes. Ready to hit their 10 th gravel section du jour #Lelandkermesse

-2 masters still cooperating. 1/2 lap remain #Lelandkermesse

-Here we go. Masters 4 5. Gloves are off on gravel 2. #Lelandkermesse

-Hemme and proctor rider have dropped the Verdi Gris.

-They fist pump before the last gravel. And. It's on. Hemme all over his bike with 3 Jm to go #Lelandkermesse

-@chenzy007 The proctor rider wins the drag race. Mast 45. #Lelandkermesse

Congrats!
that was me and a WDT rider. a little mud puddle cost me the wheel of the winning break.i never could close the gap. i knew it was the move. i tried. i think i died a little doing so. damn you leland kermesse. later.
Old 04-25-11, 06:31 PM
MJH2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thoughts on Whitnall Park:

Good
-Scheduling the masters 1/2/3 right before the real 1/2/3 lead to a large field
-Probably the most scenic crit I've ever raced... very nice park
-Just about everybody except under 30 Cat 5's had about a billion options to race

Not so Good (only one major gripe)
-Riders/walkers/randoms on course during races MUST be eliminated. At one point a few guys pre-riding the course got mixed right into the women's field. Seems like this could be addressed by moving reg and the start/finish line.

Decent day to race a bike, though. I may be back if it fits my schedule again.
Old 04-26-11, 08:53 AM
Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

I love the course at Whitnall even if it doesn't suit me. Just fun to race and watch races there.

Old 04-26-11, 11:38 PM
Frunkin
nom nom nom

Bikes: Lemond Tete de Course, Slingshot DDX, Fuji Track Pro, Surly Steamroller

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
We definitely got lucky with the weather this year. Thanks for coming out, and hopefully everybody had a good time. As for the people on the course: it kind of comes with having one real access point to the course and having parking, registration, and start/finish all in different places. The problem is there really isn't a better place to put the s/f and having registration/bathrooms in that pavilion is kind of the only good option.
Old 04-27-11, 03:51 PM
Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Originally Posted by Frunkin
We definitely got lucky with the weather this year. Thanks for coming out, and hopefully everybody had a good time. As for the people on the course: it kind of comes with having one real access point to the course and having parking, registration, and start/finish all in different places. The problem is there really isn't a better place to put the s/f and having registration/bathrooms in that pavilion is kind of the only good option.
We yelled at you before the start of your race as you were riding by but you totally ignored us.

EDIT: Of course it's probably been a while since someone yelled "FRUKIN!". MJH2 remembered your real name but I felt more comfortable yelling Frukin.

Old 05-09-11, 12:00 AM
Frunkin
nom nom nom

Bikes: Lemond Tete de Course, Slingshot DDX, Fuji Track Pro, Surly Steamroller

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Psimet2001
We yelled at you before the start of your race as you were riding by but you totally ignored us.

EDIT: Of course it's probably been a while since someone yelled "FRUKIN!". MJH2 remembered your real name but I felt more comfortable yelling Frukin.
I thought I heard something during the P123 before the hill but don't remember anything before.. sorry though.

Umm yesterday I crashed in the p123 at Muskego park and my bike has a hole in it. I have no idea how I went down, it felt like my bike locked up and threw me over the bars but I can't be sure. Now I need to decide on trying to repair it or buy a cheap replacement to use indefinitely.
Old 05-09-11, 08:08 AM
Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Ouch! Heal up.

Old 05-09-11, 01:27 PM
MJH2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Frunkin
I thought I heard something during the P123 before the hill but don't remember anything before.. sorry though.

Umm yesterday I crashed in the p123 at Muskego park and my bike has a hole in it. I have no idea how I went down, it felt like my bike locked up and threw me over the bars but I can't be sure. Now I need to decide on trying to repair it or buy a cheap replacement to use indefinitely.
Sorry about that wreck. Where was it? Muskego is a fun place to race.

I've been frameless since January. Got one of these for $80, and will be racing on it all season. It ain't light, but I don't worry about wrecking it (not that I could if I tried):

https://www.pricepoint.com/detail/177...rame-White.htm
Old 05-13-11, 07:49 PM
nixternal
Fat man in a little coat

Bikes: Trek 7.3 FX, Trek 1.2T

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sorry about that wreck. Where was it? Muskego is a fun place to race.

I've been frameless since January. Got one of these for $80, and will be racing on it all season. It ain't light, but I don't worry about wrecking it (not that I could if I tried):

https://www.pricepoint.com/detail/177...rame-White.htm
I saw the bike on Wednesday night, how was it?
Old 05-16-11, 03:48 PM
MJH2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nixternal
I saw the bike on Wednesday night, how was it?
It's a little heavy, but plenty stiff. It steers plenty quick enough, but maybe not as quick as my original BMC (but every bit as much as my last BMC). I think the steering could be slightly improved with a better fork but, really, how nice of a fork should go on an $80 frame?

Overall, I'd say it's an extreme bargain for the money and my goal is to hit the Cat 3 podium with the damn thing before the year is over. It's perfect if you're looking to build something you don't mind ruining or will ride in the slop. Or to regularly race...
Old 05-20-11, 11:44 AM
MJH2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Is anybody going to come out to Pella and try to fight the BH wrecking crew this summer? Four non-beginner races, and four 1st places. It's almost getting silly.

On a related note, I won't be able to make it for a few more weeks.
Old 05-20-11, 09:43 PM
nixternal
Fat man in a little coat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Is anybody going to come out to Pella and try to fight the BH wrecking crew this summer? Four non-beginner races, and four 1st places. It's almost getting silly.

On a related note, I won't be able to make it for a few more weeks.
And lets not forget the new mascot that has shown up. This week the ABD Elite Women's squad will be in the house. Yes, it would be nice to see other kits besides BH and ABD, though I am quite fond of the new BH kits. We do have Joe rocking a PSIMET kit, but since it is red, he just kind of blends in with the ABD riders.

I will put money that PSIMET can't outsprint Fasse, or at least make as much noise as he does in a sprint! The funniest thing was watching Andy Kerr imitate Fasse in a 6-pack of beer prime sprint. Joe was out front and Andy was on his back wheel. Andy started the hissing and throwing his bike back in forth with a huge grin on his face. Joe had that deer in the head light look waiting for Fasse to slip past and steal a 6-pack. Great prank!

If ABR covers the insurance costs, women race free once again. If they don't cover the costs, then we will charge a whopping $3 for women. I think the same holds true for juniors as well, but they only pay $5 to begin with.

So come out, try and win 1 of 4 6-packs (or 5 packs if I get thirsty) of Fat Tire, thanks to Mr. Riccio from BH. There are also the cupcake/brownie/cookie primes from Konrad's mom, which kick ass. Rumor has it, she is planning on those ****eroos or whatever they are called. Let me just say, they are the sex of desert!
Old 05-20-11, 10:11 PM
Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

I saw one of the "6" packs you gave for a prime to Tati....I counted 5 and squarely accused you for the differential.

I love Pella but just have a hard time making it. I'm cranking wheels out on Wednesdays. Most productive day of the week believe it or not...

Old 06-06-11, 12:39 AM
carlosflanders

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How does a Norwegian win a 3.5 hr race at 100F?

Answer to come tomorrow.
Old 06-06-11, 08:53 PM
nixternal
Fat man in a little coat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Psimet2001
I saw one of the "6" packs you gave for a prime to Tati....I counted 5 and squarely accused you for the differential.
I have 2 questions here, how the hell did a Tati rider get a prime, and why were they lucky enough to get 5 and not 4? Yes, I drink the primes, so you have to work hard for me not to drink them Joe has even pitched in with the prime drinking efforts. Oh wait, the Tati rider, that was Liz right? I don't know of any other Tati riders who have come out.
Old 06-06-11, 09:00 PM
nixternal
Fat man in a little coat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
While we are talking racing here, let me go over my thoughts of the 3 races I did at Masters last week.

Day 1 - South loop
I sucked! I actually blew a shoe and scare the hell out of everyone as I was actually up front digging up that little incline before the right turn to the start/finish. When the buckle busted I flew left. I closed my eyes and squeezed my cheeks. People thought it was my tire that blew, still finished top 20.

Day 2 - North loop
I sucked! Riding with my new shoes I decided to just hang out in the back and ride. The guys up front had something else in mind so I let them do their thing. I hung out and did laps with a Bike Heaven dude that Rob coaches. Cool guy, finished 11th.

Day 3 - Combined course
I sucked! Rich Vichotka or whatever his name is, somehow made his way into our peloton. After realizing that everyone around him was 75 years younger, he decided to pull off and pinch me and about 6 others into the curb. At that point I said the hell with it and didn't even feel like chasing to get back on. The other 6 did chase, and lap after lap I passed them before getting lapped myself. Another top 20 finish.

So now, let the truth be told. My 11th place on Sunday/Day 2 was out of 11 I had cement in my legs and wasn't going to do anything. I went for a prime and that was all she wrote. Monday was sketch fest. Even the old cat 5's can't ride to save their ass. And the guy who won the overall, or as PSIMET puts, the best of the worst, can't sprint to save his life. He started out on the right, went to the left, back to the right. He looked ridiculous trying to sprint. This same guy also pulled a top 10 overall in the 50+. Can you say sandbagger?

Signed up to get dropped at the Villas next month. Can't wait!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.