Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Sambruna, who are you?

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Sambruna, who are you?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-11, 03:10 AM
oromisso

Bikes: Freschi touring Bike, Freschi fixed gear (conversion), Pinarello Treviso,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sambruna, who are you?

Dear all
I recently bought for a very nice price this frame, inclusive of headset, and c-record crank. With it I am now building a fixed gear (flip-flop) bike for my girlfriend.
The frame is panto "sambruna" on the rear triangle, and it has a S panto on top of the fork. on the front it states that it comes from "sambruna, cinisello balsamo" (cinisello balsamo is a little place near milan, italy).
Although I cannot tell what the pipes are (there is no Columbus or Dedacciai, or other stickers), the frame is quite high-end: it has full internal cable routing, it has aero shifters and the seatpost tube is bend in order to reduce the distance between wheels. on tp of that the rear triangle pipes are "flattened" (oval section).
There are no info available on internet concerning Sambruna. Was it a frame producer, was it a shop? It happened in fact - although rarely - that shops asked frame makers to panto the shop name on the frame. Can anyone guess who did the frame?
Thanks for help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
sambruna ristretto.jpg (94.6 KB, 63 views)
Old 06-11-13, 02:58 PM
keidal

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Hello,
A friend of mine has an early Sambruna frame, possibly from the 1950's era.
He is an Italian racing bicycle historian and he's told me that Sambruna did not manufacture the frames but he does not know [at this time] who did.
There are two references to Sambruna that I have found; one states that the frames were made in Milan and the other gives an address in Cinisella as via Garibaldi 23. Cinisella appears to be a suburb of Milan. This suggests that the premises at this address might be, or were, a bicycle shop - possibly Sambruna ?
Good luck with your research.
Keith Dales.
Old 06-12-13, 01:36 PM
keidal

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Apparently this address is a general store and was unlikely to have been a bicycle shop.
An Italian frame manufacturer has suggested that these frames could have been made by Chesini or Chiorda.