Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

Anyone here use the TACX Training App?

Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Old 01-07-21, 09:10 PM
rccardr 
aka: Dr. Cannondale

Mentioned: 234 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2151 Post(s)
Liked 3,380 Times in 1,198 Posts

I set up an indoor trainer in late October- TACX Neo2T, Samsung 32” smart TV, sound bar, twin 22” fans. Have been using the TACX Trainer app pretty much every day and really like it.
Solo riding, but great rides, wide selection of route lengths and types, good road surface feedback, videos are well shot, edited and clear.

Tried Zwift but came back to TACX because I was not impressed by the graphics.

Am curious because I never seem to hear about anyone else using this app, yet many rides have two dozen or more users on the route at a time. Is it more popular overseas or something?
Old 01-07-21, 09:37 PM
spdntrxi

Bikes: not enough

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 52 Posts
yeah I use it.. usually just a power workout and watch Netflix.
Old 01-09-21, 01:33 PM
blakcloud

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked 352 Times in 225 Posts
I use the app and love it. It fits my needs well so I purchased the yearly subscription. It's biggest asset is the real world videos. I love cycling in the south of France or Northern Italy. You can also load rides and use the birds eye map view. I loaded a ride that I did in Japan and cycled it from the comfort of my own home. (This was a ride I was suppose to do again this summer but the pandemic put a hold on that).

In real life I am a solo rider and I do the same in the app. You can compete with others but not like Zwift. I personally shut off this option of opponents because I don't want people chasing me down and I don't want to chase them down. At the end of a ride you can view the top ten times and when I see the names, they are mostly European in nature so that is where I think there base is. The design appears to be for those that wanted to ride for basic fitness or for fun vs those who want the biggest and hardest workouts or race. Though, I suspect this is changing with the ownership of Garmin. I already see changes in the app to add more features for hard core cyclists.

Now that winter has come I use the app five times a week and it staves off the boredom of indoor cycling. My wife saw the videos and liked them so now she uses it and she is a casual rider at best. Some rides are just too difficult for both of us but you do have the option of decreasing the size of the hills which is nice. All in all it is a great app and it has made my indoor cycling more enjoyable.
Old 01-09-21, 03:37 PM
Toespeas

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 41 Posts
the old app was way better you could customize your screen , now it sucks , at least on the android phone , just has one dink screen with a few data displays , ZZZZZZZZZZZ
Old 01-09-21, 03:52 PM
downtube42

Bikes: Trek Domane SL6 Gen 3, Soma Fog Cutter, Focus Mares AL, Detroit Bikes Sparrow FG, Volae Team, Nimbus MUni

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Liked 2,019 Times in 1,055 Posts
I'm on the 30 day trial that came with my Flux 2. I've found the UI pretty horrid on my Android phone. I've ridden one route I uploaded and one of their routes around London, but primarily I've been on a training plan with just numbers on the screen.

I don't think I'm going to make it to 30 days before switching.
Old 06-02-22, 01:44 AM
Mal1957

Bikes: Merida Scultura 5000

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rccardr
I set up an indoor trainer in late October- TACX Neo2T, Samsung 32” smart TV, sound bar, twin 22” fans. Have been using the TACX Trainer app pretty much every day and really like it.
Solo riding, but great rides, wide selection of route lengths and types, good road surface feedback, videos are well shot, edited and clear.

Tried Zwift but came back to TACX because I was not impressed by the graphics.

Am curious because I never seem to hear about anyone else using this app, yet many rides have two dozen or more users on the route at a time. Is it more popular overseas or something?
Hello there,
Newb to Taxc Flux 2. Recently purchased after using wheel-on style turbo trainer. I love it. Again, for the solo rider who wants to keep fit and ride around various new places it’s brilliant. UI (on iOS) appears to work fine. If you have Strava hooked into the Garmin Connect app the rides seamlessly appear in Strava. Set up was a breeze. Cant comment on the competitive side of the system - not interested. I will also use the built-in training plans and workouts to improve my endurance etc..

Responsiveness to changes in gradient feel natural as they can on a stationary bike.

So yeah, i like it a lot…its so simple to set up and use.

i did read plenty of reviews on this unit but to date have had none of the issues others have reported.

BTW.. no, I don’t work for Garmin😎… just very happy with it.

Cheers
Mal
Oz
Old 03-25-23, 01:44 AM
rkar

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello- Advice needed
I want to purchase a smart trainer and have decided on one of the TACX units- most likely the Neo2T. But, I'm interested in just basic functions- watts and the ability to program a watts based workout with numerous stages. My problem is that I will be riding in my garage and the internet reception is not reliable. I would like to be able to control the wattage using just my iphone or ipad, without an internet connection.
I also do not want or need a paid subscription.I don't need any courses or racing. Just the basic data. TACX has a free training program, and I'm asking what this will allow me to do with no internet connection?
Thank you, and I apologize if this has been addressed before.