Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals.
Reload this Page >

1973 Italvega Super Light with Drillium Campy Record...

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

1973 Italvega Super Light with Drillium Campy Record...

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-21, 12:57 PM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 883 Post(s)
Liked 823 Times in 622 Posts
Seems like almost a classic to me; based on prices in my area, it's a steal.
Likes For 2old:
Old 01-28-21, 01:56 PM
niswanger

Bikes: About 5, maybe 6?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Okay folks, lots of great suggestions, appreciate the feedback. Again, last road bike I owned was a 58cm early 80's Ciocc with Campy Victory groupo. Before that an early 90's 60cm Schwinn paramount. Before that (early 80's) a cobbled together 58cm Raleigh (was way too big for me then too)...only significant thing I remember about it is that it needed new shift cables and we were so poor I just installed the downtube clamp-on shifters on the seat tube using the existing cables...LOL.

Now all this being said, no doubt this Italvega Superlite would clean up really nice. Throw another $100-$150 (total investment $700ish) at it and it would be sweet. Albeit, I know 58cm bike is on the extreme low end size for me (I'm 6'3"), my general size is 60-62cm. So in final for me, I found the below bike and just couldn't pass it up. As-is the seat position and stem (115mm 15 degree rise) geometry was definitely too big for me. But I got it anyway because the chap countered my $260 at $280, so for $280 I could give it a shot. I figure lower the seat and get a shorter stem ($35 Ritchey 70mm 30 degree rise) it about all I need and boy, it seems like it's going to work now.

Old 01-28-21, 02:43 PM
SurferRosa
señor miembro

Bikes: '70s - '80s Campagnolo

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 3888 Post(s)
Liked 6,485 Times in 3,209 Posts
Originally Posted by repechage
this bike has had the derailleur pivots exchanged for OMAS or comparable.
Thought they looked odd...