Search
Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

security "improvements"

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-19, 09:25 AM
no motor?
Unlisted member

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1376 Post(s)
Liked 432 Times in 297 Posts
security "improvements"

While I understand the need for security, the recent "improvement" requiring new passwords seems to have included another "improvement" where you are signed out of your account if it's inactive for "too long". But this "improvement" allows you to continue browsing and attempting to reply, not noticing the "improvement" has prevented your response from being posted until after it's been lost by changing to another post. Is there some way to combine the need for this extra level of security with the change back to the login screen? I admit to not checking the upper right corner to see if I'm logged in until after this happens, I haven't needed to do this for years and old habits are hard to break. Especially when there is no good reason for needing to do this.
Old 11-04-19, 10:00 AM
IBanna
RETIRED, DO NOT PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 14 Posts
Hi no motor?,

We haven't implemented an "improvement" requiring new passwords. However if you are experiencing time-out issues, checking the remember me box when you log-in will prevent your account from getting signed out.
Let me know if you have any questions!
Old 11-09-19, 10:12 PM
no motor?
Unlisted member

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 1376 Post(s)
Liked 432 Times in 297 Posts
Originally Posted by IBanna
Hi no motor?,

We haven't implemented an "improvement" requiring new passwords. However if you are experiencing time-out issues, checking the remember me box when you log-in will prevent your account from getting signed out.
Let me know if you have any questions!
Checking the remember me box hasn't prevented me from getting signed out.
Old 11-09-19, 10:36 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
Did you check your browser settings etc. Remember that to stay logged in here you must accept cookies. If your browser or operating system was updated recently it's possible that your settings were changed by default and you need to go back in and do that.

Also note that many add-ons in Firefox were deprecated or changed recently. Please look through them and reset or find newer ones if necessary.

Firefox is now at version 70.0.1 as an example, if you use the ESR you may need to choose a newer one your device is compatible with and I have no idea about the other doohickies...I TOLD ahsposo I'm not feeling well and I'm just here at this point...