Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Elite Qubo digital smart b+ setup help. Before I go mad!

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Old 11-01-17, 05:45 AM
LesB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi all,

I've played with my partners new elite qubo digital smart b+ turbo trainer but have failed completely in getting it to work with her Samsung Tab. I'm not technically inept at all but I need help!

If anyone has one and made it work I'd appreciate some guidance. It says it has bluetooth but can't get it to pair. I also wonder if there is any training alternatives to Zwift? Preferably something that's inexpensive or even free.

We purchased it because it got good reviews and has Bluetooth. I've seen references to using an Ant dongle but with Bluetooth surely that's irrelevant?

Help!

Les
Old 11-01-17, 10:13 AM
Grasschopper
He drop me

Bikes: '03 Marin Mill Valley, '02 Eddy Merckx Corsa 0.1, '12 Giant Defy Advance, '20 Giant Revolt 1, '20 Giant Defy Advanced Pro 1, some random 6KU fixie

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Ok Les - I have one of these and should be able to help...but I need some more info. What are you trying to run on the Samsung Tab?

There is a known issue with Zwift Mobile Link and Android devices regarding bluetooth. Basically the issue here is that there are too many different possible Android configurations (hardware and software/firmware) and software developers are struggling with the combo. Also there's no Android Zwift application...only Zwift Mobile Link which allows you to have controls at your bike when running Zwift on a PC or Mac. So you can't get on Zwift on that tablet like you could if you had an iPad.

One thing to know about Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) is that it will only pair to one thing at a time and it also allows the software to pair to the device. What This means is that you do NOT want to go to the bluetooth settings on your phone and pair to the trainer. If you do that the application you are trying to run cannot pair to it. Also of note on the Qubo is that it will NOT dual broadcast. By that I mean that it you pair to it via BLE it will no longer broadcast the ANT+ signal and vice versa. Many trainers dual broadcast but not the Qubo.

Old 11-02-17, 06:52 AM
LesB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks Grasschopper.

I'll be looking into this later. I have an Ipad somewhere so I'm going to dig that out and see how I get on. I did see the video you linked previously. It just goes to illustrate how confusing this all is!

Best Regards

Les
Old 11-02-17, 09:19 AM
Grasschopper
He drop me

Bikes: '03 Marin Mill Valley, '02 Eddy Merckx Corsa 0.1, '12 Giant Defy Advance, '20 Giant Revolt 1, '20 Giant Defy Advanced Pro 1, some random 6KU fixie

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by LesB
Thanks Grasschopper.

I'll be looking into this later. I have an Ipad somewhere so I'm going to dig that out and see how I get on. I did see the video you linked previously. It just goes to illustrate how confusing this all is!

Best Regards

Les
For sure it can be confusing. I'm a member of the Zwift Riders FB group and there is like 2-3 posts a day about setup or connection difficulty. Honestly it's the one major hurdle I see with all of this....some units (like the Qubo) have quirks and if you don't know the exact process to get everything running properly it just won't run at all. Here's to hoping the iPad works much better for you.