Search
Notices
Adaptive Cycling: Handcycles, Amputee Adaptation, Visual Impairment, and Other Needs Have a need for adaptive equipment to ride to compensate for a disability or loss of limb or function? This area is for discussion among those of us in the cycling world that are coming back from traumatic circumstances and tell the world, "No, you are not going to beat me down!"

Assist Arms for Catrike Villager

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-20, 11:33 AM
Scubaquarius

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Assist Arms for Catrike Villager

My wife has balance issues following recovery from a severe illness. I bought her a recumbent Catrike Villager which she rides everyday.
But she has difficulty getting up from the trike. I am afraid that she will injure her back.

So I am looking for some type of "assist arms" to help her dismount the bike and stand. I found some at Alloutadventures.org called
Catrike Assist Arms made by Terracycle for $149.00.

Anyone have any suggestions: Are these decent? Would you suggestion something else?

Thank you much,
Scubaquarius
Old 09-16-20, 08:23 PM
Juan Foote
LBKA (formerly punkncat)

Bikes: Spec Roubaix SL4, GT Traffic 1.0

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 2208 Post(s)
Liked 960 Times in 686 Posts
My wife had/has severe balance issues and particularly when getting up from sitting. We had a pair of Catrike Road. We utilized some of the "brake bands" (basically a velcro strap to hold the brakes) and some early on assistance from each other (I am LBKA) or things in our environment to get up. As you become more used to it this only gets easier. The Villager is the highest of the Catrikes that I am aware of, so give it some time and strength training, see if the issue doesn't resolve on it's own.
Old 09-17-20, 10:11 AM
unalteu

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
not relevant but need 10 to post pics . srry -.-