Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Music Setups

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-21, 06:15 PM
MrWasabi

Bikes: 2014 Fuji Traverse 1.3, 2020 Electra Cruiser 1, 1995 Giant CFM-4

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked 51 Times in 36 Posts
I bought a neckband as well:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They had it for $45 so I took a chance. It's great for biking, working around the yard, just chilling without having something stuck in your ears or having to carry something. I like being able to hear the ambient sounds as well.
Old 01-13-21, 07:48 PM
bikebikebike

Bikes: Downtube IX NS&FS, Dahon Speed8Pro/Matrix/Curve, Brom S2L,Montague Para, ICE-XL w/Rollie/Schlumpf, Trident Spike, ebikes, BFSatRDay

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked 95 Times in 81 Posts
I sing to myself, and whether or or not I can carry a tune is left to the audience to decide.
Failing that (cough*) I use an old MP3 player or my phone.

*Non Covid, tested
Old 01-14-21, 08:01 AM
John_V 

Bikes: 2017 Colnago C-RS, 2012 Colnago Ace, 2010 Giant Cypress hybrid

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 408 Post(s)
Liked 122 Times in 85 Posts
Originally Posted by Milton Keynes
If it had an over-the-ear piece it would be better. I have an over-the-ear earpiece headset/microphone for a two-way radio which I occasionally take with me on rides, and it never falls out.
Yes it would be, if I didn't wear the wraparound sunglasses. These normally have thicker ear pieces and there's not enough room over my ears for both the sunglasses and the ear hooks. I went with the bone conduction headset because they don't go over my ears but in front of my ears and they don't interfere with my sunglasses. I angle mine slightly upward in the back so it goes under my helmet. The helmet keeps them in place better and I don't even feel them under the helmet.

The nice thing about bone conduction over anything that goes inside or over the ear is that you can hear your music/podcast and still hear everything going on around you. As I mentioned in an earlier post on this thread, I can hear my Bolt beep when my Varia radar detects a vehicle approaching. I equate using bone conduction headsets to riding in your car with the radio on. You can hear the radio and yet still hear what's going on around you (unless you have a multi-megawatt system in your car with a bass that vibrates your teeth, your car and all the cars around you).

2017 Colnago C-RS
2012 Colnago Ace
2010 Giant Cypress
Old 01-14-21, 01:59 PM
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 511 Post(s)
Quoted: 7348 Post(s)
Liked 2,465 Times in 1,433 Posts
@2_i, I will try those eventually, but I'm completely happy with my current gadget. I got it for free, or really, in exchange for writing a review. I'm satisfied beyond expectation.

“When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments.” — Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.