Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Newbee First Bike

Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Newbee First Bike

Old 02-01-21, 06:33 PM
ito333

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Newbee First Bike

This is my first real bike purchase... I just purchased a Cannondale Quick CX 3. Mainly going out for fitness and ride some trails... Inventory was really low due to the pandemic. I really wanted a Trek Dual sport 3 but nothing was coming in till December. The only thing i found in stock was the Cannondale Quick CX 3. Did i make a good decision with the Cannondale.
Old 02-01-21, 06:51 PM
tyrion

Bikes: Velo Orange Piolet

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 2228 Post(s)
Liked 2,011 Times in 972 Posts
Originally Posted by ito333
This is my first real bike purchase... I just purchased a Cannondale Quick CX 3. Mainly going out for fitness and ride some trails... Inventory was really low due to the pandemic. I really wanted a Trek Dual sport 3 but nothing was coming in till December. The only thing i found in stock was the Cannondale Quick CX 3. Did i make a good decision with the Cannondale.
If it fits, you made a good decision. If it doesn't fit, then it's not such a good decision.
Likes For tyrion:
Old 02-04-21, 01:57 AM
interungulate

Bikes: 2015 Womens CAAD10 5 (now a 1-by SRAM system)

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Chiming in to echo that sentiment, but for what it's worth one of my first hybrids was a Quick and I still have and love that bike, so it's at least not guaranteed to fall apart under you
Old 03-01-21, 09:41 AM
Nate8727

Bikes: 2021 Trek Verve 1 Disc

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by ito333
It depends on a lot of things. The frame size is important of course, but you also have your adjustments. Saddle height, handlebars, etc... can make it feel great or feel awful.

Get those figured out first and go from there.