Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Specialized Stumpjumper

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-21, 10:46 AM
Tom Rae

Bikes: Somec TSX Campy Chorus; Litespeed OBED;Team Koga Miyata Dura Ace AX;Surly CrossCheck; Salsa Marrakesh, Salsa Casseroll, Giant TCM Past bikes Holdsworth 531, Eddy Merckx 501, Fat Chance Yo Eddy, Cannondale 600 too stiff!!! Specialized Stumpjumper Team

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Specialized Stumpjumper

Stumpjumper 85 or 86 serial # M5M01043 trying to get info
Old 02-15-21, 08:06 PM
JulesCW 

Bikes: N+1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 651 Times in 319 Posts
Originally Posted by Tom Rae
Stumpjumper 85 or 86 serial # M5M01043 trying to get info

What sort of information are you seeing? Bikeforums does not charge posters by the word...

If a Stumpjumper and not a Stumpjumper Sport that was a very good bike of its day. Strong, nice lugged frame, good components. Geometry featured (as did its peers) a way relaxed front end and long rear end. Today most would regard it as a nice dirt road cruiser if the ride is something you like, but not really ideal for hard core off road blitzing.

Value depends a lot on originality and condition. From $50 for a clapped out one with lots of poor parts to $750+ for a pristine example that looks NOS. As it's not one of the earliest ones I'd guess a decent one would being $250-$500.

Last edited by JulesCW; 02-16-21 at 06:24 AM.
Likes For JulesCW:
Old 02-18-21, 09:22 AM
Tom Rae

Bikes: Somec TSX Campy Chorus; Litespeed OBED;Team Koga Miyata Dura Ace AX;Surly CrossCheck; Salsa Marrakesh, Salsa Casseroll, Giant TCM Past bikes Holdsworth 531, Eddy Merckx 501, Fat Chance Yo Eddy, Cannondale 600 too stiff!!! Specialized Stumpjumper Team

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks I had given it to my niece as a graduation gift many years ago. I just swapped it for a Surly Cross Check as her daughter is starting to ride. Except for tires chain and seat it is original surtour XC with specialized headset and sealed hubs (freewheel) , Deore deer head brakes and specialized bar and stem . Dark Blue and I believe it was Tange prestige tubing but she removed stickers long ago to minimize theft risk. As the town I now live has over 40% dirt roads it will be my around town explorer/ go to library bike ( if the library every allows folks inside again!) Not selling it
Old 02-23-21, 11:19 AM
due ruote 

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 904 Post(s)
Liked 527 Times in 320 Posts
Specialized Specs

This might help. Looks like the 86 is a match and was Prestige.
Sounds like a nice bike and perfect for what you have in mind.