Go Back  Bike Forums > The Market Place > For Sale
Reload this Page >

1972 Colnago Super - 57cm - $2500

Notices
For Sale Items for sale, bicycle and cycling related items only, please! Requires upgraded Membership to post new threads. This forum is intended for individual members to sell their bikes and bike related gear, and not for commercial ventures or company sales. Prices must be quoted up front, we are not an auction site, and do not link to your ebay auctions.

Old 01-14-21, 01:18 PM
jsmith01

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Almost five years ago I got this Colnago. It's beautiful. I barely fit it and I'm nervous to ride it because I am a little tough on my bikes. It's in amazing shape, I'm the second owner. Here's your chance to own a nice piece of Chicago bicycle history

First off, it's the rare color. A Green Colnago from this time rarely comes up for sale. It's in amazing condition. It was purchased from Turin in 1972, by someone that I did some work for. You may wonder, "why would anyone want to get rid of this?" The original owner was in his 80s and wanted to make sure the bicycle went to someone that appreciated it. I also have some of the Campagnolo tools that were purchased with it, those are included. I haven't seen these tools for sale and I'm assuming they're just as rare. I took measurements of the entire frame and noted those measurements in the second photo.

With any 50 year old bicycle, there are a few very small paint chips. I've take pictures of them and circled them below. but otherwise it's a flawless bike. I think the frame is a 56 or 57. I did just reach out to Turin this morning via Instagram to see if they're interested. So, here's a nice piece of Chicago bicycle history, up for grabs. I'm relocating(again) and I'm slimming down the stuff(again) that goes with me. I've also got a Raleigh Twenty (late 60s/early 70s) that I'm getting rid of. More pictures available...I'll get around to posting them soon. Price is negotiable.

Here's the tools & stuff that I got with it...There's also a second Brooks Saddle. So...Campagnolo QR Skewers, a box that has some spare bearings, springs and other stuff, I bought the yellow cork tape to put on, but never did, spare Campagnolo pedals, 6 Campagnolo wrenches, some pedal clips, a "multi" tool from Campagnolo, and a saddle bag that still has a very old tube in it.
Likes For jsmith01:
Old 01-14-21, 01:19 PM
jsmith01

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Likes For jsmith01:
Old 01-16-21, 01:32 PM
satbuilder 

Bikes: A few

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked 193 Times in 101 Posts
I don’t know how much action you’ve gotten so far, but you may want to consider posting this up in the for sale section of the Classic and Vintage forum here on bike forums. It’s at the top of the page in the C&V forum.

You may get a lot of good feedback. If I didn’t already have 2 Colnagos I’d probably be interested. Looks like it’s been well taken care of over the years.
Old 01-16-21, 05:05 PM
jsmith01

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion on relocating the post. I would make the effort, however as of this afternoon I have sold this bicycle!
Old 02-23-21, 01:09 PM
Alpenstock

Bikes: cool old school stuff made of metal

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
72 Colnago super

If it was a 59 I'd be all over it.
The brooks is a nice touch
Old 08-06-21, 09:15 PM
maa94

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jsmith01
Thanks for the suggestion on relocating the post. I would make the effort, however as of this afternoon I have sold this bicycle!
Mind if I ask how much you were able to get? I’d love to own an Italian bike just like this one some day!
Old 11-15-21, 05:18 PM
jun_pogs

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Are you still selling this?
Old 12-30-21, 04:07 PM
BCSC

Bikes: 2013 Pinarello Marvel; 1981 Specialized Sequoia

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
What a classic. I love the bb Colnago cutout.
Old 01-01-22, 01:44 PM
kraftwerk 
my nice bike is at home

Bikes: 2011 BMC Race Machine / 2012 BMC Road Machine / Trek 2300 / '90's Merlin/ '70's Raleigh 20/ Ti-'swift' folder / Erickson w/S&S couplers

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 24 Posts
How 'bout that R-20?