Notices
Adaptive Cycling: Handcycles, Amputee Adaptation, Visual Impairment, and Other Needs Have a need for adaptive equipment to ride to compensate for a disability or loss of limb or function? This area is for discussion among those of us in the cycling world that are coming back from traumatic circumstances and tell the world, "No, you are not going to beat me down!"

Cycling with PTT

Old 08-30-20, 12:51 PM
NotABiker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cycling with PTT

I'm currently in my early 20s, and have been dealing w/ Posterior Tibial Tendinosis pain for about the past 2.5 years. I originally got the injury from over training while a runner in college. I ended up quitting running and switching to cycling ~2 years ago, but after a few months cycling became painful as well, and I haven't been able to bike pain free since Feb. 2019. I've tried pretty much all the rehab options besides surgery and stem cell, but none have returned the tendon to a state where I have been able to bike. I've tried orthotics, shoes with greater medial support, pedaling w/ my heels, lowering my seat, etc., but all still bother the tendon. I was wondering if anyone here has had any success returning to cycling with chronic posterior tibial tendon problems, and if there are any devices/contraptions that could take strain off the posterior tibial tendon/medial ankle while pedaling. Any advice would be appreciated!