Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

Crunchy/grinding drivetrain

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Crunchy/grinding drivetrain

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-21, 04:23 PM
'02 nrs

Bikes: 1938 claud butler,1983 Basso,teledyne titan,teocali super,nrs,1993 stumpjumper fsr,Paramountain,Paramount Buell(sold),4 banger,Zaskar LE,Colnago Master Ibex MTB,1987ish,.etc....

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 803 Post(s)
Liked 2,980 Times in 1,498 Posts
chainline/

try a shorter BB axle?
Old 01-21-21, 09:33 AM
ceelint
^that guy^

Bikes: '17 Wabi Classic, '17 Trek DS3, '12 S-Works Tarmac SL

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked 137 Times in 51 Posts
Originally Posted by '02 nrs
try a shorter BB axle?
Yes, I realize that.. problem is that Wabi Classic Qfactor doesn't allow 75s and similar high end cranksets with the correct BB to be used. Paint is getting a little beatup so I'll probably have it powder coated sometime in the future.. I'll have the chain stays crimped before to allow the use of the 75's with correct BB
Likes For ceelint:
Old 01-21-21, 09:46 AM
hsuBM
jj

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked 110 Times in 78 Posts
Originally Posted by ceelint
Yes, I realize that.. problem is that Wabi Classic Qfactor doesn't allow 75s and similar high end cranksets with the correct BB to be used.
Jeez, and I almost bought one a few times. Does it only fit 130bcd cranks?
Old 01-21-21, 09:50 AM
ceelint
^that guy^

Originally Posted by hsubm
jeez, and i almost bought one a few times. Does it only fit 130bcd cranks?
↓↓↓

the classic and thunder will only accommodate cranksets with wider q-factors (145mm or higher) and will not accommodate narrower ‘track’ cranksets with a narrow q factors or limited clearance for crank spider arms. These frames were never intended to be track frames with narrower chain stays (and tires).

Wider q-factor cranksets include most brands of cranksets built around a jis square taper bottom bracket such as andel, all-city, vuelta, etc. It also includes the sram s-300. Note that the sram omnium is 145mm, but we’ve had complaints of the crank arm glancing the chain stays in rare instances so we can’t recommend this crankset for this frame.

Narrower q-factor cranksets include sugino 75, dura ace 7710, miche primato advanced track, vision track crankset and the campagnolo record pista. See above on the sram omnium.

Note, that for some narrower cranksets, you could install a longer bb spindle (where possible) to provide a wider q-factor to clear the chain stays.

special and lightning

the special and lightning will accommodate most track cranksets. We’ve tested and installed the sram omnium, the dura ace 7710, the sugino 75 and the campagnolo record pista.
Likes For ceelint:
Old 01-23-21, 01:14 AM
ceelint
^that guy^

Went back to the K1SL (K710SL).. was still giving me issues so i swapped back to my old crankset with a straight chainline for now and the issue is gone. I'll save the 75s for another frame or get the Classic chainstays crimped to clear