Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Advocacy & Safety
Reload this Page >

We'll never be safe...

Notices
Advocacy & Safety Cyclists should expect and demand safe accommodation on every public road, just as do all other users. Discuss your bicycle advocacy and safety concerns here.

We'll never be safe...

Old 08-28-19, 06:34 AM
Homebrew01
Super Moderator

Bikes: Old Steelies I made, Old Cannondales

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1173 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 612 Posts
MOD NOTE TO ALL: Stick to the topic.

FYI: https://www.bikeforums.net/forum-sugg...ad-please.html
Old 08-28-19, 04:01 PM
JoeyBike
20+mph Commuter

Bikes: Surly LHT, Surly Lowside, a folding bike, and a beater.

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 1429 Post(s)
Liked 330 Times in 218 Posts
The original post:

Originally Posted by gregf83
...notice how the vehicle had at least 6 ft between his car and the one on his left yet he chose to drive within 6 inches of the cyclist, driver was likely focusing on the cyclist rather than the space between the cyclist and car on the left...
The post I was responding to directly:

Originally Posted by SpinClassSara
It's true. That's why I spin in a studio. Inside.
I agreed with ^^this person. I knew they would be lonely here.

Then the old ladies here started chiming in on my posting habits, which have become quite rare as promised:

Originally Posted by Daniel4
This is a public forum where everything you post is open for anybody to read and chime in. If you want it to be a private discussion, there's always the option of private messaging.

And what's become so puzzling are your previous threads instructing others how to properly run red lights and stop signs. But now we learn you do this just for the exercise with no intention of going anywhere in particular. So what's your hurry going nowhere?
Originally Posted by livedarklions
Same person who asked you to come back after making such a preposterous show of leaving. That might be excusable if you had something new to say, but you're literally picking up exactly where you left off, posting in multiple threads saying pretty much exactly the same thing.
If my posts offend these people perhaps the IGNORE option could be employed. Or they, and others, could just not respond. I try to be polite and respond to posts DIRECTED AT ME. Which BTW border on personal attacks, not that it bothers me but I know there are rules around here.

Originally Posted by Homebrew01
MOD NOTE TO ALL: Stick to the topic.
Thanks.
Old 08-29-19, 01:14 PM
phtomita

Bikes: '86 Nishiki Tri-A, '84 Centurion PT15, '03 Litespeed Firenze

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked 179 Times in 111 Posts
Today on my commute.
In red, waiting for traffic light, car turning right.
After green for me, I was delayed by a car turning right. When I started crossing I hear a loud motorcycle coming (blue).
When I was in middle of the 3 lane, the motorcycle zooms in front of me (with red light) and goes to stop on turn left ahead and revs up the engine very loud.
Around the time I was finishing the crossing, I hear it speeding out - don't know if traffic light became green there.

If it were not by the car slowing me down to start crossing, chances are that I would be in collision course - happy to be delayed by that car.