Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Brand Specific Threads

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.
View Poll Results: Brand Specific Thread
Brand specific
0%
parts specific to brand
0%
Cyclamatic
0%
Ancheer
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Brand Specific Threads

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-19, 04:46 AM
Tonedog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lightbulb Brand Specific Threads

I'm new here, so please forgive my lack of knowledge. I was wondering if anyone know's of any ebike threads based on brand. I, for instance, own a Cyclamatic and when trying to find info on a problem I was having discovered absolutely no information on the brand. They're popular on Amazon and other volume sellers, but when it comes to specific information, there seems to be none to be had. As as example, another brand I've seen that seems quite popular is Ancheer.

Does anyone know of any forums containing brand-specific information? Would it be worth creating one? I just had a remarkable experience with the Chinese designer of part of my ebike that I feel might help others, but don't really know where to put it. The part seems specific to the Cyclamatic brand, but I could be wrong. I'm an older rider and I've seen many posts by riders like me. Seems a couple of brand-specific forums would be helpful.

Any comments?
Old 10-22-19, 08:04 AM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Liked 813 Times in 614 Posts
I think electricbikereview has one, but don't know whether those brands are represented.
Old 10-22-19, 09:54 AM
Tonedog

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cyclamatic ebikes

Thanks much for the suggestion--very nice review source. I found Ancheer there but, as usual, no Cyclamatic. Actually, I wasn't looking for a review--I've seen many for the Cyclamatic.

Does anyone know who *assembles* Cyclamatic ebikes? Or, for that matter, Ancheer ebikes? Is there any parts availability? Since I've been unable to find anything of that nature, I found the source (as I mentioned previously) for a part of the Cyclamatic. Seems I'll have to try and find other information about it by the same method, but I think I got lucky by finding that email address on that mini-circuit board.

I appreciate the try, though. Thanks again!
Old 10-28-19, 09:36 AM
Doc_Wui

Bikes: GT Transeo & a half dozen ebike conversions.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked 275 Times in 192 Posts
ElectricBikeReview tends to focus on the more expensive ebikes. Why not. Those makers are paying the money needed to support the website. If you start a thread on Cyclamatic either there or here, at least it will be found on Google. Go for it!

It's my opinion that 90% of the world's bikes are basically designated by what decals are applied to the frame before they are loaded onto the container ships.You see the same basic frame under various labels, Every one uses the basic $15 Shimano Tourney derailleur, except they might only pay $8 for it.
Old 10-28-19, 09:48 AM
Tonedog

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cyclamatic ebikes

Dr.Wui, you just made me understand that I'm on the wrong website. I tried to leave price out of it, but I guess you hit the nail right on the head! Didn't pay enough for my ebike. Guess I'll look elsewhere.
Old 10-28-19, 10:38 AM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Liked 813 Times in 614 Posts
I think this sub-forum is exceptional in the variety of bikes discussed, not like the two others I'm most familiar with, one for relatively high end OEM and another for high-powered bikes. I have a bike that cost about $600 ($100 for the bike, $200 for the motor and $300 for the battery) that has served me well for four years, although other ones cost more. Others discuss inexpensive bikes, but Cyclamatic seems to be a brand not many here have tried. As DW says, probably it has generic parts like many other inexpensive bikes, since those manufacturers don't want to reinvent anything.
Old 10-28-19, 02:22 PM
Doc_Wui

Bikes: GT Transeo & a half dozen ebike conversions.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked 275 Times in 192 Posts
Tonedog, hope I didn't set the wrong tone.

My first ebike was also $200 for motor and $300 for battery. I've ridden it for 4 years on the original battery. I've converted a half dozen bikes to electric since that first one for family. Bike prices have dropped, and the quality has come up such that it's cheaper to buy a starter ebike these days, as opposed to converting one.

I made an impulse buy of a $769 electric fat bike off amazon earlier this year. Got 10% off so it was $700. I found it very well executed, even with the Tourney derailleur.