Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Lynskey Owners

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Lynskey Owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-15, 04:02 PM
deacon mark

Bikes: Habanero Titanium Team Nuevo

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked 185 Times in 121 Posts
Lynskey Owners

I am getting serious about a Lynskey bike and looking at the r265 that has the ultegra. The prices seems really good buy I still have questions on size and maybe ride. I am 6'1'.5 with a 35 cycling inseam and I did speak to Lynskey online they thought the XL would be the best option. I wonder with the TT length at 585 vs 575 on the Large. I do like my Wilier but for what ever reason I would like a Ti bike. My reason are as a mechanic I still like the threaded BB as the best option and I am not sold that internal cable routing is really better. On my Wilier it work fine but a bear to change and dial in, and in fact I went to the new shimano polymer cables for better shifting. I must admit my present set up is fine no grips of complaints. As an old jazz guitarist maybe I have GAS.........who knows what that means. So anyone riding Lynskey's.
Old 10-12-15, 04:16 PM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3674 Post(s)
Liked 5,433 Times in 2,759 Posts
I have a Peloton which has the same geometry as the R265. Mine is a M/L with a 56 top tube. I'm 5'9". Because of the tall headtube, it fits like a smaller bike. If you look at the geometry chart, you will see that the L and XL have the same reach. The XL has a longer top tube but also a taller headtube. I've had my bike about a year, no complaints, it's a nice ride. Workmanship seems first rate and they were great to deal with. Exceptionally well packaged. I just bought the frame and fork but their complete bikes seem like a good value.
Old 10-13-15, 08:31 AM
thecrazyone

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lynskey are good bike but... give Litespeed a chance, you won't regret.
Old 10-13-15, 08:37 AM
TassR700

Bikes: Lynskey R230, Gary Fisher Tassajara; Motobecane Boris Fatbike; Cannondale Habit

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
I have a Lynskey R230 that I have put about 12,000 miles on. I am 6'1" with long arms and an XL fits me perfectly. Cycling inseam is about 34. I love the bike. Great ride, great workmanship. I also built mine up from the frame so can't comment on the wheels and other components Lynskey specs with their complete bikes.
Old 10-14-15, 12:29 AM
a1penguin

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 20 Posts
I just bought a Lynsky R140 in small. The geometry is very close to my Synapse 51cm. If you can find a bike that has close enough geometry, you might be able to test ride. I purchased the bike assembled and either the 105 11 speed is noisy or they did not properly adjust. The 10 speed Ultegra on the Synapse is as smooth as butter.
Old 10-14-15, 12:45 AM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Quoted: 4806 Post(s)
Liked 3,928 Times in 2,553 Posts
Are the seat angles the same brtween the XL and the L? At this size, one more degree will give you 1 cm move effective TT. Say the XL has a seat tube angle of 72.5 and the L 73. This will move the TT of the XL .5 cm back, making it effectively 580 vs the 575 of the L. Seat tube angles always need to be accounted for when comparing top tubes.

Ben
Old 10-14-15, 02:31 PM
Raedyn

Bikes: 2015 Lynskey R240; Scott Scale

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This summer I bought a 2015 R240 (small) and I love it. This is my third titanium road bike, and the others, granted were between 8-12 years old, but still cannot compare. Not only do I think it's beautiful, but the bike fits me like a glove. It is comfortable and softens road harshness very well. The bike is responsive, transfers power efficiently, and the handling inspires confidence. Everything about the bike just feels rock-solid. I had a very good experience with the ordering process and am extremely happy with my purchase.
Old 10-14-15, 04:16 PM
t595

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
I cannot comment on your geometry questions since I have had a M/L R220 for about 7 years now. What I can say is that it is a mighty fine ride. I have over 10,000 miles on it and the only complaint is that the decals got damaged when I leaned it against a tree. Replacements are $50 and include a head tube badge. Otherwise you will not regret getting a Lynskey.
Old 10-15-15, 05:49 AM
BikeInMN
Dude who rides bike

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by deacon mark
I do like my Wilier
What size is your Wilier and does it fit you?
If it does fit I'd pick whichever Lynskey is closest to the size of your current ride.

At nearly 6'2" I'd say the 58.5 TT makes sense but the head tube is really long on the XL. If you currently have significant saddle to bar drop it may not be easy to do on this frame. Even the L has a fairly tall head tube.

Last edited by BikeInMN; 10-15-15 at 05:54 AM.
Old 10-15-15, 02:42 PM
rideBjj

Bikes: Cannondale Supersix Evo HiMod - Sram Red

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have an R230 - size M (I am 5'9"). I got the frame, fork (alpha Q), headset and seat-post (ritchey carbon) for $1200 from a private seller. I put on a mix of Campy Record 11 and Sram Red (cranks, cassette and FD) with Dura Ace wheels all bought from merlin. Total price was ~$3200. I feel like it is hard to imagine a better value than that.

16.4 lbs, rides super nice. It does everything well and it is completely silent, which I love. Frame never needs washing no matter how much sweat and sports drink I spill on it (tons).

I guess I can't help on your sizing question, but I can tell you I am a happy owner. I've had several carbon bikes, steel too and this one is as nice as anything. I especially like the understated non-billboard look.