Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Charity Events
Reload this Page >

Charity rides and minimum fundraising requirements

Notices
Charity Events Whether you're looking for riders, sponsors, or volunteers, this is the place to tell the world that cyclists can make a difference.

Charity rides and minimum fundraising requirements

Old 08-01-19, 02:10 PM
NomarsGirl

Bikes: Specialized Ruby Sport

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked 314 Times in 165 Posts
The biggest charity ride in my area has several different ways to participate. The 2-day ride across the state has a minimum fundraising amount of $5000. They fill all the available slots every year. There are shorter rides with lower fundraising amounts and those slots also generally fill up. Then they have an unlimited number of riders who can participate in a virtual ride. They can decide how much they want to raise, how far they want to ride and when they want to ride. All the rides except the virtual ride have an entry fee to cover the cost of putting on the event so 100% of all funds raised go to the charity. No entry fee for the virtual ride since it doesn't cost the organization anything.

Yes, $5000 is a very big barrier to enrollment, bu most of the riders raise far more. If they can only have 1000 riders for logistic reasons, do they want to have a bunch who will only raise $50 when they could get a minimum of $5000 each?

They raised $56 million last year. This year's event is this coming weekend. They are expecting more than $60 million. Somehow, I don't think they are doing it wrong.
Likes For NomarsGirl:
Old 03-14-20, 08:47 AM
Ferto

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The best thing I've done in my life