Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
Reload this Page >

Full finger cycling gloves for big hand, short fingers

Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Old 10-16-19, 09:38 AM
DTopaz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Fall is well underway, and in fall/spring I use unlined, full-finger gloves. With a big hand but short fingers, it's hard to find a glove that my hand can get into, but that doesn't leave an extra inch or so of material at the end of my fingertips.

So, I'm looking for gloves that have good palm width and shortish fingers. Any experience with such items?
Old 10-20-19, 02:06 PM
skidder
Pennylane Splitter

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1751 Post(s)
Liked 1,422 Times in 973 Posts
Try looking in a hardware store/home center; that's where I get my full-fingered gloves for winter The full fingered gloves they sell seem to be shorter (and much cheaper) than pure-cycling gloves. The home center half-fingered gloves don't seem to work as well as the full fingered ones.
Old 10-21-19, 01:48 PM
DTopaz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks -- that's an excellent idea, skidder.

However, I did find a pair that fit me pretty well, with just a very tiny bit (less than 1/4") extending beyond my fingertips. They're Inbike cycling gloves, size XXL. (I found them at Amazon, but I had not seen this brand at any of my local bike shops.
Old 10-22-19, 09:05 PM
tallbikeman

Bikes: Modified 26 inch frame Schwinn Varsity with 700c wheels and 10 speed cassette hub. Ryan Vanguard recumbent. 67cm 27"x1 1/4" Schwinn Sports Tourer from the 1980's. 1980's 68cm Nishiki Sebring with 700c aero wheels, 30 speeds, flat bar bicycle.

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 102 Posts
cycling gloves

I used to think that cycling gloves were bought at a cycling shop and lasted 4 or 5 months before fraying. Now I know that full fingered leather work gloves work really well for cycling and last for several years before rotting and wear get them. I get these at the local hardware emporiums.