Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fatbikes
Reload this Page >

Fat bike transport bag

Notices
Fatbikes Designed for use in sand, mud or snow, Fat bikes are the right choice for true all-terrain riding. Check here for the latest on these fun, adventurous two-wheeled machines.

Fat bike transport bag

Old 09-01-19, 08:09 AM
slothead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Fat bike transport bag

When I rode my road bike I had a black canvas bag that I used to transport it in the car or by air, and it worked really well. Is there such a thing for fat bikes? I think I saw one in a YouTube video but can’t find it now. I would also think that with the weight of many fat bikes (twice as heavy as a road bike) such a transport bag might come equipped with wheels like a suitcase on at least one end. If anyone knows of a bag like this please let me know.

Thanks,
Tom
Old 11-04-19, 09:12 PM
Alex Atkinson
mechanic

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Don't understand clearly what you mean. I think, it's more comfortable to use several bike bags (a frame/ a top tube/seat bag).
Old 11-07-19, 06:48 PM
qclabrat

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked 70 Times in 63 Posts
Is it going on a plane? Guys I know who ride in Utah and Alaska get them shipped by mail in a box. I don't know anyone who just carries their fatbike in bags or cases
Old 11-13-19, 04:12 PM
Craptacular8

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 31 Posts
Bike Bag

Originally Posted by slothead
When I rode my road bike I had a black canvas bag that I used to transport it in the car or by air, and it worked really well. Is there such a thing for fat bikes? I think I saw one in a YouTube video but can’t find it now. I would also think that with the weight of many fat bikes (twice as heavy as a road bike) such a transport bag might come equipped with wheels like a suitcase on at least one end. If anyone knows of a bag like this please let me know.

Thanks,
Tom
There's one I've seen advertised heavily on fb for the past few months. Lycra looking deal that you slip over your bike wheels/tires and all to keep your apartment/house/car cleaner when you bring the bike indoors. Bikesleeves dot com Is that what you're referring to? If so, I'd be interested too...would be nice to find a bag to use when sliding my fat bike inside my car with it's studded tires on. Those really can do a number on a car interior.
Old 11-24-19, 07:06 AM
slothead

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I don’t think I ever took it on a plane, just in the car. It added a measure of protection to the bike and probably some to the car or adjacent luggage, etc.
Old 11-24-19, 07:09 AM
slothead

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I don’t think Lycra would have the strength or thickness to provide much protection, and by the way this was before the internet ever existed - some 40 - 50 years ago.

So I checked out bikesleeves.com and that is nothing like what I’m talking about. My bag fit the entire bike with the front wheel removed and secured beside the major frame triangle. It had a side pocket for incidentals and a shoulder strap for easily carrying the entire “package”.

On thinking about it some more, it wasn’t that long, so maybe both wheels were removed and secured on either side of the frame. It was fairly wide since the handlebar was not removed.

Last edited by slothead; 11-24-19 at 07:21 AM.